Thanks for the Vistas, Microsoft! But....

old_skul

UVALAN
Veteran XX
....They're sitting on my shelf for now. Not installing them. I have perhaps one machine that would benefit from it - my HTPC.

My gaming computer? No thanks. I want max framerate.

My studio/audio computer? No thanks. I want my shit to actually work. No drivers for my gear for Vista.

My living room computer? No thanks. It's a 1.7gHz with 512mb RAM. It's already slow enough.

And no, I don't want to give them away or sell them. I earned them fair and square botting Flexicon.

WHAT TO DO TW

I installed mine, but I've been using Vista for a while. It works just fine for me, haven't noticed any framerate issues.

I see your problem. Last resort uses for just about anything are usually covered by;

-Doorstop
-Boat Anchor
-Wipe your ass with it.

Even here, Vista fails.

install it on your HTPC. vista media center is quite nice.

I have no real use for it. I run BeyondTV and otherwise use the machine for light gaming. Well, if an E8400 and a 9600GTS is "light" gaming...on an 80" projector, it's anything but light.

ill buy one from you if you sell it to me dirt cheap.

i wouldnt mind getting away from these fucking HP all in one recovery CD bullshit and reformatt com0pletley.

ill buy one from you if you sell it to me dirt cheap.

i wouldnt mind getting away from these fucking HP all in one recovery CD bullshit and reformatt com0pletley.

HP, Gateway, Toshiba, etc. They all use that BS. I fucking hate it.

Dell OS CD/DVD's ftw.

I have Vista on this machine. My main PC for work and gaming. I like it. Real stable, fast as hell. I even push it a bit harder. Aero is running, dual monitor. Run a game on my 22" with IRC, Vent, etc open on my 19". I have no issues switching from the game to IRC, vent, website.

Then again, I doubt use any old out of date apps. Everything is new and updated so it runs the way it is supposed to.

Last edited:
Back