Why is Enemy Territory: Quake Wars getting good reviews if it sucks so bad?

Stealth

Veteran XV
I've never played it, but everyone on this forum seems to think it's bad. If it sucks, then why is it getting good reviews? Any specific reason why it's so bad?

IGN - 8.5
Gamespot - 8.5
Game Informer - 8.5
Game Chronicles - 9.4
GameZone - 9/10
Jolt Online Gaming UK - 8.7
Eurogamer - 8/10
Gametrailers - 8.7
Gamer's Hell - 8/10
UndergroundOnline - B+

i'm not into PC games much anymore but i saw a friend play a map or two online over the weekend....looked pretty fun to me.

I have a hundred times more fun playing battlefied with my friends in a squad than I do trying to do some teamwork with my friends in QW

This forum has no real good opinion on gaming anymore. It's not a gaming community, it's a forum community, like SA. There are people who play games a lot, and you don't see them posting here often: they are playing games.

I think it is way too complicated and annoying. Quake should not be in the title because it has nothing to do with that style of play.

Its a good game, but I already played it to death, It was called Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Now its RtCW with retarded vehicles and a Sci-Fi setting, joy. I might have been playing it had Valve not released the most refreshing multiplayer FPS in years. Honestly, it just came out at the wrong time, just like SiN. Valve seems to have a tendency to do this.

I'm not even sure why I bothered with QW.

The newest game I've had any excitement with is UT3. Maybe that's because it's so dumbed down, and it's probably because it requires the least effort to play, and enjoy.

I downloaded the demo.. but I haven't even tried it because the idea of vehicles turns me off that much. I absolutely fucking hated every last vehicle in UT2kWhatever assault mode, and I think that killed the whole concept for me..

Its a good game, but I already played it to death, It was called Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Now its RtCW with retarded vehicles and a Sci-Fi setting, joy.

Agreed. If it was more 'QuakeWars' and a little more innovative than the previous game I would have been more entertained. TF2 is a good example of a successor game than a rehash with new skins.

Last edited:
I downloaded the demo.. but I haven't even tried it because the idea of vehicles turns me off that much. I absolutely fucking hated every last vehicle in UT2kWhatever assault mode, and I think that killed the whole concept for me..

Vehicles are not really a huge problem in quakewars. A cordinated team can easilly take out vehicles. All small arms fire damages vehicles. A coordianted fire effort with a rocket launcher to boot will take it out in no time.

In short they are not overpowered.

Back