Mother's Day without Mom

xi'Vexus

Veteran XX
Probably not the best place to vent, but whatever.

I lost my mother to leukemia this April. She was 63, and passed away far too young. She had me late in life, 14 years behind my brother. I'm only 26 and sadly I never got to spend time with her as an adult. She only got to meet her youngest grandchild, my daughter, only once.

I'll be visiting her grave with some flowers, and remembering the fonder memories of her from when I grew up. Definitely not an easy mother's day, but I'll smile remembering her and all she did for me.

She was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia less then a year before she passed. The illness took her quickly, even with the best medicine in the world at Northwestern Memorial.

Do yourselves a favor and make sure you take advantage of Mother's Day this year and do something special... say something nice... surprise even yourself. We don't always know what life has in store, and even if we don't make every day count, this is one where you don't need to have any reason other then the fact she's your mom to do something nice.

Happy Mother's day mom.

I disowned my fatass, manipulative, controlling mother a few months ago. Me and my sister are going through something similar. (mother's day without mom)

wow touching story, i think u may have inspired me to buy my mom a beautfiul bouquet of flowers :sunny:

I'll opt for the obligatory phone call.

BTW, on TW you cannot break out the fiddles till you reach vet^5

Probably not the best place to vent, but whatever.

I lost my mother to leukemia this April. She was 63, and passed away far too young. She had me late in life, 14 years behind my brother. I'm only 26 and sadly I never got to spend time with her as an adult. She only got to meet her youngest grandchild, my daughter, only once.
Dude, this a path we all must walk.

I can't imagine how I'll feel when my mother dies. We are best buds. But, you do realize, your daughter is her? In a way.

My mom also has cancer but is being treated, although it's too late so the treatment is just to delay it's growth, not get rid of it.

wow....how can you guys be so attached to your moms? Mine was always an anchor dragging me down.

I'm sad that I didn't have a mother like that.

Back