Testament of Judas found.

Either that or the whole thing was a sham, and Jesus knew the reaction it would have.

IE: Turns out us Nonbelivers are right. Thank you Judas. You da man.

chaosrage said:
what a TWIST
13.jpg

i hate to break it to people but there are MANY other gospels out there beyond the "roman/pagan" church's version, including a Gospel of Mary and others which indicate Y'shua (his real name wasnt jesus) was married.

Y'shua was an "essene" or a "healer." it was one of the most longstanding jewish cults that was very messianic and organized themselves into communities with 1 leader and 12 sub-leaders. females were also accorded their own heirarchy and VERY significant religious authority.

the early followers of y'shua were known as nazarene essenes. there was also a huge essene community at qunram on the dead sea which was much more monastic. y'shua was from the mt carmel group which was a lot more hippie, love sex, produce messianic offspring variation. "john" the baptist was an essene from this dead sea community.

it also happens to be the place they found the "dead sea scrolls" which include all kinds of insane documents.

Y'shua had a wife, mirriam... aka "Mary Magdalene." the roman pagans would later rewrite shit to suggest she was just some random prostitute...

in the pieces recovered of the Gospel of Mary she basically discloses her last discussion with him and tells of his visions of the ascension of the soul into eternal bliss. she also gets into a fight with some of the disciples who are jealous of her and HER AUTHORITY in his place, but then others try to calm them down...

i love all this stuff. makes for a much more compelling story...

PS. there are people who believe in y'shua as the jewish messiah foretold in the old testament... who dont buy into the later "christ" argument of the catholic/pagan church.

heck, muslims hold y'shua as the ultimate prophet (prior to muhammed) and many muslims expect him to return on judgement day.

there are many branches of "christianity" which include entirely different versions of the story of Y'shua, VERY different translations of various testaments, celebrate sabbath on saturday, include different books on the old and new testaments, etc.

Last edited:
TseTse said:
i hate to break it to people but there are MANY other gospels out there beyond the "roman/pagan" church's version, including a Gospel of Mary and others which indicate Y'shua (his real name wasnt jesus) was married.
"Jesus" is the same as "Joshua." Anyway, you must be referring to Hebrew, which has one name "Yahowshuwa," while Greek uses another name "Iesous." Greek and Hebrew only use one name, but can be translated to Jesus or Joshua depending on the context.

HomeSlice said:
Either that or the whole thing was a sham, and Jesus knew the reaction it would have.

IE: Turns out us Nonbelivers are right. Thank you Judas. You da man.

surely anyone who doesn't believe the canonical 'gospels' also has no reason to believe this one?

Maker said:
"Jesus" is the same as "Joshua." Anyway, you must be referring to Hebrew, which has one name "Yahowshuwa," while Greek uses another name "Iesous." Greek and Hebrew only use one name, but can be translated to Jesus or Joshua depending on the context.

/me nods

I generally just stick to y'shua or yeshua. I agree that Joshua is the most apt translation.

I just like to toss tihs in the face of "christians" and then also ask them why they celebrate "church" on the pagan "day of the sun." :)

I've become rather obsessed with this "essene" history and ancient judaism in general. I think to better understand the man Y'shua we have to better understand his jewish history, context... and his jewish life.

Whether or not he was the jewish messiah... is open to debate (i definately dont buy into the "christ" stuff roman pagans devised based on paul's concept of a new church).

Last edited:
As a Catholic, I have always felt that its very possible that Judas was doing the work of Jesus. Jesus knew he had to die, and I dont see why he couldnt have chosen one of his disiples to help him fulfill the "prophecies."

I dont see this as all that big a deal; just something new to think about instead of getting sucked into the whole "its this way b/c we tell you it is."

Yeah, incase anyone is interested they are doing a special on it on the National Geographic channel (saw an ad for it today) (no I'm not interested in watching it incase you were wondering).

TseTse said:
/me nods

I generally just stick to y'shua or yeshua. I agree that Joshua is the most apt translation.

I just like to toss tihs in the face of "christians" and then also ask them why they celebrate "church" on the pagan "day of the sun." :)

I've become rather obsessed with this "essene" history and ancient judaism in general. I think to better understand the man Y'shua we have to better understand his jewish history, context... and his jewish life.

Whether or not he was the jewish messiah... is open to debate (i definately dont buy into the "christ" stuff roman pagans devised based on paul's concept of a new church).
I happen to like ancient history myself. It is kind of interesting to see the reactions of Christians as to why the majority worships on the 1st day of the week rather than the 7th since they don't have Biblical backing, or asking about other pagan practices adopted by the Roman Catholic Church.

In any case, the writings give an important historical view of what was available to the early Christians.

It's on NGC Sunday and I am going to watch it. Woopdie Doo Hurray for me!! :ftard:

It should be very interesting from a historical stand point.

For those curious who havent checked them out yet... look into the "nag hammadi" stuff and the "apocrypha" or gnostic gospels. You may also want to look into the Peshitta and other alternative versions of the new testament.

From the earliest days of the nazarene essenes (post-yeshua) there seemed to have been some serious splits both culturally and theologically. Even before the formal meetings would take place "up north" there were obviously major splits about the teaching and importance of Y'shua. Clearly some wanted to make a non-jewish establishment with some centralized control... while others took a much more JEWISH approach (more likely one y'shua himself would have appreciated as a more grass-roots congregational/synogogue healing revivalist type of thing).

I think by the time Paul and then the later "councils" had their way with what would be deemed "official" gospels... they had already raped history in order to make a clensed new religion.

Yea, i think christianity is something constructed by europeans... and somewhat "false" but it is still a religion that would change the world and is beautiful on its own terms.

If the icon "Jesus" makes lives better... then so be it. I personally am interested in understanding Y'shua the real human being.

Back