SRT-4 to a Supra? -- car geeks

FastAttack

Contributor
Veteran XX
Well I am in a big dilema, I've had my SRT-4 for 2 years and now its heavily modded ( long story short its pushing over 400whp on pump gas).

Anyhow I am growing out the boy racer crowd and want into a more luxury style speed scene.

Anyhow long story short, I found a 98 TT supra with 49k miles and for a reasonable price of 24k miles, it has rims and your basic engine bolt ons ( FMIC, Greddy Type S bov, HKS turboback but still on stock twins)

Should I ditch the SRT-4 with 25k miles for that supra?

the other part of the dilema the car is in california so I would have to drive it across the country, and I haven't seen the car in person.

anyhow I am curious what non srt owners and non supra owners would say about this.

In all honesty, buy a used M3 (E30, E36, E46). All are pimp if you ask me. If smogging is a concern to you, buy a 1995 or older M3, that's the last year they used OBDI

I personally have always loved the looks of the Supra.

Not sure what block some of them have but I have seen Supra's with over 1000 HP at the crank on ebay going for around 50-60k. I saw a STI pull up to one and they both reved up and the Supra's waste gate sounded amazing. I thought the sound effects in the movies was overdone but the Supra sounded the exact same. I wish they would have raced but a cop pulled up going the opposite direction so they played it smart.

hmm supra to me is more luxurious than my srt-4 as the srt is more plastic than leather,etc.

want pics? I can add pics.. ;P should add some NWS images while I am at it but I am in school :p

if you're going to drop 24K on a car, spend the extra $1000 and ship it across country on a semi.

DocHolliday said:
I personally have always loved the looks of the Supra.

Not sure what block some of them have but I have seen Supra's with over 1000 HP at the crank on ebay going for around 50-60k. I saw a STI pull up to one and they both reved up and the Supra's waste gate sounded amazing. I thought the sound effects in the movies was overdone but the Supra sounded the exact same. I wish they would have raced but a cop pulled up going the opposite direction so they played it smart.
Those are called dyno queens. THey have a 3JZGTE in them btw.

And to be honest, the supra is NOT a low profile car. I'd be more worried about driving it because of ricers, than I would the M3.

Just get a damn M3. Or even an older, used M5.

yeh, i think the supra is one of the best looking cars ever. i think there would be a large market for it if toyota brought it back with a little style modifications but modernized it.

Supras have probably the strongest factory engine ever. Thats why people are able to get such high numbers out of them, I say ditch the neon and go for the supra.

i like what kgb was saying about the m3, but that is because I want one so bad, but I am a poor college student :( Now the supra is a nice looking car and that price sounds decent for a TT is it auto or manaul(this may be a dumb question because I can't remember if the TTs only come in auto in stock form but I know manual is hard to find)

Ive said it plenty of times, Supras are the ideal platform to make horsepower in an import setting

if you arent concerned with going fast buy a true luxury car

Back