SRT-4 to a Supra? -- car geeks

naptown said:
Basically, the MKIV Supra was way ahead of its time. It's still competing with cars produced today. It's weird to think this car is actually 10 years old now.

:(

I bought one long ago from a salvage yard that was pretty banged up for around 4500$. The job was repairable, but as soon as I bought it, some guy offered me 9k for it. I couldn't refuse the offer. Sometimes I wish I would have kept it. Such a beautiful car.

Ten years old and still stands out like a Ferrari.

would it have been worth the cost? buying a banged up car is risky, mightve had more problems than youd ever think. you also made 4500..its hard to say. assuming you fixed it up and then tried to sell it, it would carry that salvage title which would then decrease the worth a lot

You can get the actual numbers on MKIV.com, but Toyota only sold around 7K TT MKIV Supras. God only knows how many have been turned into full on drag cars, or destroyed by 19 yr. old ricers. Even a Supra with a salvage title would have value as a drag car, and I would expect their value to keep increasing from here on out. I've wanted one for years, but the # available keep going down and the price keeps going up.

naptown said:
Basically, the MKIV Supra was way ahead of its time. It's still competing with cars produced today. It's weird to think this car is actually 10 years old now.

:(

I bought one long ago from a salvage yard that was pretty banged up for around 4500$. The job was repairable, but as soon as I bought it, some guy offered me 9k for it. I couldn't refuse the offer. Sometimes I wish I would have kept it. Such a beautiful car.

Ten years old and still stands out like a Ferrari.

Basically, you ricerfags all bow down because a TT can (barely) keep up with a vette, which imo is a piece of shit. And i laugh when supra peoples put VIPRKLR on their license plates when they put a big turbo on it and a high pressure fuel pump. So you put $10k into your car and it keeps up with a viper? put $10k into a vipers motor, and its a hennesy. With handling to match. Its no contest, and the supra is not the supercar you make it out to be.

VF143Falcon said:
Basically, you ricerfags all bow down because a TT can (barely) keep up with a vette, which imo is a piece of shit. And i laugh when supra peoples put VIPRKLR on their license plates when they put a big turbo on it and a high pressure fuel pump. So you put $10k into your car and it keeps up with a viper? put $10k into a vipers motor, and its a hennesy. With handling to match. Its no contest, and the supra is not the supercar you make it out to be.

Wow. Just wow. A "big turbo and high pressure fuel pump" is 10 grand now? And adding 10 grand to the ~$80k to a Viper does not get you a Hennessy. Not even close.

A friend of mine has a Viper Venom 650 and it was a lot more than 10k over the car. The car will also get killed by any number of high-power Supras.

Not to mention, $25-30k + 10k < $80k + "10k"

I haven't read any of the other posts... But... You're going to drive accross the freaking country to buy a car for a "REASONABLE" price, that you haven't even SEEN YET...

How REASONABLE is that?

Back