conversations with rock stars/famous people

Sascha

Veteran XV
for those of you who have hung out with somebody famous, tell your experience.

for those of you who haven't had the "honor" (lol), tell us who you'd like to meet most, or who you think would be the strangest.

I've talked to Sissy Spacek a couple times & hung out with her daughter. mommy is down to earth, daughter is pothead. check her out in Orange County with jack black and colin hanks.

and uh, I've never met maynard james keenan of tool/apc, but I think it'd be a fucking weird experience. strange dude

I talked with one of the UT2007 developers at E3. He was a cool guy but a slight bit nerdy.

There are a million musicians I would love to meet.. Satriani and Maynard would be a trip. David Gilmour and Roger Waters of course..

I met Nomar Garciaparra at a Wrestling event at the Fleet Center, he was in the box right next to the one I was in. I basically just told him "Hi, you're one of my favorite players", he didn't really seem like he wanted to talk to me though. Sort of a douchebag. Don't ask why the fuck I was at a wrestling event either *shrug*.

CliffyB was one of the few guys I was activly looking out for to meet. His face makes me want to kick his teeth in, but other than that he's pretty cool. I was also looking for American McGee and Sigeru Myamoto. At these past 2 E3s companies have been handing out alot less stuff. From now on im taking more stuff to get autographed.

Mike or the "Miz" from MTV's Real World and Guantlet (sp?)/Battle of the Sexes came to my school a few months ago (Univ. of Delaware). He was a pretty cool dude, very down to earth. We talked about how much the editors of the Guantlet show overhyped the whole thing with Brad and the wedgie.

I partied with the Violent Femmes (backstage and at their hotel in Dallas)... they were totally kickass...

got on the bus and partied with Live... like RIGHT before they got popular... they were touring with PIL...

speaking of PIL my gf at the time greeted johnny rotten as he exited the stage... LMAO... he told her to fuck off... i mean he had JUST stepped off of the stage... that was priceless

Went to an archery shop one time to get some stuff for target shooting. Had my wife with me. Picked up what I needed, went up to the counter to pay for it. The clerk at the counter was busy listening to some long haired freak talking about hunting buffalo with a bow. The dude finished his story and rang up the stuff I bought. We went out to the car and my wife, now ex, was just steaming mad that the clerk would rather listen to the story the hippie guy was telling then wait on a paying customer.

That is when I broke the news to her that the hairy freak was Ted Nuggent. I had met him the summer before when I was head of security at the State Game Lodge in Custer State Park. This was the visit he went on the buffalo hunt that he was talking about in the store. :rofl:

Ted is cool shit

Back