Respect

raggy

Veteran XV
BL10404080939.jpeg

This is not about subscribing to a particular faith nor is this meant to be any sort of theological discussion. This is about a man who spent the entirety of his adult life in service of others. This is man who, aside from a few daily necessities, owned nothing. And in a place of immense wealth where overdone and ostentatious ceremony is the daily norm the only thing he requested was a plain, cyprus box and burial in the earth. Respect.

raggy said:
BL10404080939.jpeg

This is not about subscribing to a particular faith nor is this meant to be any sort of theological discussion. This is about a man who spent the entirety of his adult life in service of others. This is man who, aside from a few daily necessities, owned nothing. And in a place of immense wealth where overdone and ostentatious ceremony is the daily norm the only thing he requested was a plain, cyprus box and burial in the earth. Respect.

I hate to ruin the mood, but that's not the actual coffin.It's goint to be placed inside the real one in ST.Peter's.

Yeah, lets pay respect to a guy that traveled the world in a bullet proof whatever reinforcing a faith that promotes poverty through reproduction, expects tributes in the billions but gives fuck all back, and is wracked by boy touching scandals the world over.

Fuck the Catholic church

Fuck John Paul the II too. I wonder if his coffin is bullet proof too?

Go the fuck away man. You picked the wrong forum for this crap.

Geck0 said:
Yeah, lets pay respect to a guy that traveled the world in a bullet proof whatever reinforcing a faith that promotes poverty through reproduction, expects tributes in the billions but gives fuck all back, and is wracked by boy touching scandals the world over.

Fuck the Catholic church

Fuck John Paul the II too. I wonder if his coffin is bullet proof too?

Go the fuck away man. You picked the wrong forum for this crap.
Wow, I appreciate the time you took to read nothing of what I said. Have you ever actually read anything that he's said? Or heard personally, or is this just invective you're writing here just for the fun of it?

I'll tell you this, I actually agree with some of the points you raise. I have big reservations about the Catholic Church (as I do for any big institutionalized religion). But that dosen't mean I don't repect and admire the man. At least in the 26 years that he spent as pope, he tried to change some of the things you talk about. I suggest you try to go out and induce radical change in an institution that's 2000+ years old and one of the most conservative to boot. See how successful you are.

You talk about the sexual abuse scandals like the pope himself was doing it. I'm certain he was sitting in the Vatican rooting for priests feeling up little boys, seriously. But I guess that's a more infammatory topic and a more interesting read than talking about how, for example, he helped topple communism in eastern Europe and improved relations between the various religions of the world. Whatever.

I'll give you this though, the bullet proof coffin made me :rofl: only because when he first started, he insisted on riding around in open air cars so he could hear and talk to people. But then he got shot, so you know, that might change the outlook of his security force in those sorts of situations.

And to answer Antilles' question, this has nothing to do with religion, I don't really subscribe to any one faith. I only respect a man who tried his best to change things, and in many ways succeeded. Same reasons to admire somebody like Ghandi or Nelson Mandella.

I dont think gecko could be more wrong in his life

there's only a few things several billion people can agree on, gl going against that

Again, I really don't care.

Go type some more about a dead man that represented an abusive, predadory organisation.

I'll respond in exactly the same way.

Geck0 said:
Again, I really don't care.

Go type some more about a dead man that represented an abusive, predadory organisation.

I'll respond in exactly the same way.
Hope the view is nice from that moral high ground you sit on.

raggy said:
Hope the view is nice from that moral high ground you sit on.

Oh piss off. I don't control a "country" that in turn "educates" people into having babies so they too can shove a few coppers into a collection tray.

I don't have clowns in multicoloured balloon suits with guns and a vast palace from which to post. I just tell it like it is.

THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IS JUST A VERY OLD, VERY RICH CULT. THE PAPAL SEAT IS A FARCE AND FUCK THEM ALL.

What the fuck are you going to resort to now?

Geck0 said:
THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IS JUST A VERY OLD, VERY RICH CULT. THE PAPAL SEAT IS A FARCE AND FUCK THEM ALL.

What the fuck are you going to resort to now?
Going to resort to my original response that you haven't read a single word I posted ;) I'm talking about the accomplishments of one man while you're railing against a 2000 year old institution.

Seriously though, just insert the arguing on the internet... photo right about now. I didn't come here to argue nor was it my intention to change anybody's mind about anything. I only presented my opinion, you're more than welcome to yours.

That's true. I wouldn't work for a lot of companies regardless of how long they were in operation.

I guess that makes me better (or worse) than the pope.

He's fucking dead and the Catholic church will be passing the plates like fiends to get as much fucking money as they can because of it.

Forgive me for laughing at the whole thing and hating it at the same time.

Back