The Upcoming NFL Season

LipStick

Veteran X
I really think the new emphasis on defensive holding and the illegal chuck is going to hurt the game. Im afraid every game is gonna end up being Chiefs Vs. Colts Part II, and I think I will kill myself if I have to watch games like that all year. Whiny ass recievers and offenses always get their way because they draw crowds. How many times do you see a reciever push off and there is no call? Will there be an emphasis on calling offensive pass interference as well? Of course not. Recievers are continually getting bigger and bigger, and its already tough enough for DBs to keep up with someone like Terell Owens, who is 6'3 225 lbs. of pure muscle (he probably juices it btw) and has top end speed. Oh well, just a rant. Im just dreading watching 1970s style football with touchdowns every drive.

i think it'll be good for the game...i don't think it'll make every game a colts vs chiefs at all....

but that would suck....

i enjoy defense and games decided by ball control, time of possesion and field control...

The good defenses will still be good defenses.

The Patriots secondary will have to learn to play football.

If it sucks they will change it. There are rules changes every single year. There was a lot of opposition to the 2 pt conversion but it has worked out well. If it winds up being an imbalance either the rules will change or the players will change. And we will see taller faster corner backs coming up through the system. The CB position in general will start receiving higher pay etc.

I see this rule change as a plus for the Vikes. Our corners haven't stopped anyone for years, but now no one else's will either ;)

herbtown said:
antoine winfield rocks....fuckers stole him from my jets who had him almost signed...

Did you see that hit Winfield put on Ricky Williams? Musta been 2 years ago, but I'll never forget it

He knocked the weed out of that nigguh

What will be great is when the Colts get bitchownd in the opener and the reality can set in right off so we don't need to listen to those pussies all season.

You have no chance because your linebackers and secondary are going to make Grant Wistrom's work moot :(

CR-Ruthven said:
What will be great is when the Colts get bitchownd in the opener and the reality can set in right off so we don't need to listen to those pussies all season.

:cheer:

WInstrom is overpaid and overrated. Hawks musta fell in love with his fro. The hawks real move was taylor. For this year anyway they have 2 great corners and hopefully healthy front 7.

booty said:
WInstrom is overpaid and overrated. Hawks musta fell in love with his fro. The hawks real move was taylor. For this year anyway they have 2 great corners and hopefully healthy front 7.

Boulware is gunna be a freakin beast

But your other corner is questionable. Taylor is a factor, a huge factor, but any team challenging you for the NFC will have a receiver who can overcome him.

Back