Why can't rappers talk normally?

PoorDoggy

Veteran XV
Seriously. This bugs me.

Why does "there" have to become "thurr"?

"Everybody" is "Urrrbody", "Bank America" is "Bank Amurrica", etc.

Why the fuck can't they speak normally? Is it because they dropped out of school and never learned how to speak the language correctly?

If they talked correctly, they would lose some of their fan base. And the "thuur" stuff is because of Nelly. They speak whatever is the newest form of slang.

If you've ever worked with the lower-end blue collar people then you'd see where a lot of these words/phrases get their origins.

I worked commercial construction (labor and carpenter) for the summer after my freshman year in college and it was definitely a learning experience. It's like learning a new language at times. :]

I just wanted to show that your sentence wasn't "normal" and it was completely understood, and you obviously understand their pronunciations, so it's fine. :)

You have to add "Y'know whah i'm sayin" after every other sentence when they explain anything in detail.

owl said:
If they talked correctly, they would lose some of their fan base. And the "thuur" stuff is because of Nelly. They speak whatever is the newest form of slang.

I think this is a St. Louis/ Atlanta thing, aka the ass-end of rap.

nlhlacrosse said:
I just wanted to show that your sentence wasn't "normal" and it was completely understood, and you obviously understand their pronunciations, so it's fine. :)

It isn't fine that they can bastardize the english language and teach a generation of kids to sound like retards to look "cool".

I heard a 4th grader say to his friend, "Niggah it ain't one o'clock yet," in a mall the other day. WTF?

PoorDoggy said:
It isn't fine that they can bastardize the english language and teach a generation of kids to sound like retards to look "cool".

I heard a 4th grader say to his friend, "Niggah it ain't one o'clock yet," in a mall the other day. WTF?

:lol: Well it wasn't 1 yet.

Back