At what age did you feel your inner child die?

I think it's my lifestyle. I have this theory, that being ideological correlates with an inner child. I've seen both of mine fade away within myself in the last nine months. I feel cynical, overly-realistic, almost pessemistic (sp). It sort of.. sucks in a way.

I'm the same person I was at 5. I've levelled several times since then, come up in the world. I'm listened to more, respected by some, and my opinions carry some weight. My character and personality is the same.

Mine committed suicide because I was too much of an asshole to it. I think that was about 3 years ago, so...when I was 15.

When my mother married a paranoid schizophrenic. Never try to argue with one, btw. The insane are only interested in creating conflict and never in resolving. Your best bet is to do what I did and headbutt them in the face. Good times.

Dracos *S* said:
When my mother married a paranoid schizophrenic. Never try to argue with one, btw. The insane are only interested in creating conflict and never in resolving. Your best bet is to do what I did and headbutt them in the face. Good times.

is that the difference between the truly insane and the merely casual insane?

It was threatened at around age 12 by a series of RL shit involving my parents' marriage. It survived for a period of years up until I entered my 21st year. Then, it was stamped out over a period of that year and the next due to heavy life responsibilities.

It wasn't until I had my second child at around age 28 that I realized I could see from behind his eyes, and recall what it felt to be so young, and so much a child. The memories put me back in touch with my inner child, and I've tried to remember it often so as to not lose touch again.

The seriousness of life can ruin your soul if you do not have the ability to look out on it occasionally without the do or die cares of the adult mindset.

Back