Baghdad is free!

Funkalicious

Veteran X
The Iraqi Information Ministry people didn't show up for work :lies:. The government minders who accompany the media are nowhere to be seen. There are no police on the streets.

Most importantly, the citizens of Baghdad are celebrating in the streets and looting the government buildings. Looks like our government was right after all. Eat shit and die frogs.

baghdadbob.gif

Funkalicious said:
The Iraqi Information Ministry people didn't show up for work :lies:. The government minders who accompany the media are nowhere to be seen. There are no police on the streets.

Most importantly, the citizens of Baghdad are celebrating in the streets and looting the government buildings. Looks like our government was right after all. Eat shit and die frogs.

baghdadbob.gif
I am really going to miss that guy. They need to get him a talk show on fox or something.

At this point I doubt it even matters if we find WMD. Just the looks on those people's faces is enough for most people in the world to say that it was worth it. Finally the people of Iraq don't have to live in fear and terror under the sadistic rule of Saddam.

I hope the bastard had a damn good taste of those bunker busters.

The US brings good things to Iraq. I seriously hope we start buying more oil from them, so that they can get their country back on the ground. Yeah we have problems here in the US that we need to address, but the problems in Iraq were far greater for those people.

Oh, and fuck all of the anti war / anti US idiotsticks. They obviously don't have reason to be thankful for the US doing good tings for others. Yeah some innocent people probably died during this conflict, but the few deaths now far outweigh the thousands of deaths that might have taken place if the peace yuppies had their way. Saddam never would have been ousted and those people would have remained fucked.

this is great to watch, i just hope that its being seen in iran, syria, libya, afghanistan, turkey, north korea, china, france, russia, kuwait, saudi arabia, jordan, palestine, israel, and every other fucked up country in the world

If people are your concern, time for you to start a crusade for invading the Congo, yesterday there was some news that 1000 people were massacred in under 3 hours with guns and machetes. A question, did you support the UN/US' involvement in Rwanda? How about our involvement in Kosovo? The problem I have with people ever giving humanitarianism as a reason for entering a country militarily is because then they will turn around (or have previously in this case) opposed the exact same, or even worse thing. If you stay consistent, then your opinion is at least respectable, unlike a political whore who changes his opinion based on what party or political idealogy wants to complete the certain goal.

The relevant links:
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/africa/04/08/congo.massacre.reut/index.html
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/africa/04/08/congo.graves/index.html

T w i z t i D said:
this is great to watch, i just hope that its being seen in iran, syria, libya, afghanistan, turkey, north korea, china, france, russia, kuwait, saudi arabia, jordan, palestine, israel, and every other fucked up country in the world

It is. We just have to be careful now and not drop the ball. If we can help them turn their country around, I'm sure others will be more willing to follow suit. We just have to be careful though. There are something like 12 different major factions in Iraq, and some of them don't get along too well. It's going to be difficult to install some form of government that works in favor of all of them. It could be a political nightmare if mishandled.

The fighting for the US is not over... but it is all but over for the Iraqi people. Y'all are free now, and it really was no problem. Anytime man, anytime. So much for the claims in the Arab world, and by the fringe left, that we wouldn't be welcomed. GG.

Kizzak said:
If people are your concern, time for you to start a crusade for invading the Congo, yesterday there was some news that 1000 people were massacred in under 3 hours with guns and machetes. A question, did you support the UN/US' involvement in Rwanda? How about our involvement in Kosovo? The problem I have with people ever giving humanitarianism as a reason for entering a country militarily is because then they will turn around (or have previously in this case) opposed the exact same, or even worse thing. If you stay consistent, then your opinion is at least respectable, unlike a political whore who changes his opinion based on what party or political idealogy wants to complete the certain goal.

The relevant links:
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/africa/04/08/congo.massacre.reut/index.html
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/africa/04/08/congo.graves/index.html

I would not be opposed to using US forces to bring liberation to any oppressed people in the world in any country. If it helps people who are oppressed, then it's for a good cause in my eyes.

Kid Antrim said:
I would not be opposed to using US forces to bring liberation to any oppressed people in the world in any country. If it helps people who are oppressed, then it's for a good cause in my eyes.

Good, I know too many people whom I talk to who oppose the war and its humanitarian aspect just because its a republican venture (while they supported Kosovo and Rwanda) or who support the war and its humanitarian aspect just because its a republican venture (while they bitched about Kosovo and any other "World Police" action that was done under Clinton)

Found this in an article by the managing editor of Arabnews.com Highly biased against the US, but interesting nonetheless. Here's a quality snippet.

http://www.arabnews.com/Article.asp?ID=24921

"The pride the Arabs felt in the initial stages of the invasion, before those legendary “pockets of resistance” halting the advance of the world’s only superpower were revealed as a myth, has been replaced by immense shame and humiliation. The images of US soldiers taking a picnic in the heart of Baghdad will haunt the Arab psyche for generations to come.

America has triumphed, and it would not be an overstatement to say that the whole world — formerly represented by the United Nations, the greatest betrayer of them all in this mess — feels betrayed by the ease with which America has managed to pull this off. The junta in the US were right: Don’t listen to all the talk about resistance and anger. The Iraqi Army is a joke, and the demonstrations will soon pass.

The message has been clearly sent: No country, certainly no country in the Middle East, can ever withstand even a half-baked military campaign against it led by the United States. America now rules the world, either directly or by proxy; and there is nothing anyone can do about it."

Dare I say that a show of force has caused many Arabs to GIVE UP?! Dare I say that those that say "they respect force" were right? Dare I say, this could defuse terrorism? Hopefully this "defeat of the Arabs" will make them THINK for awhile. Then, there will be peace with no more bloodshed.

I'm generally against fucking around in these other countries unless its absolutely necessary. I think its great that these people are free, but I wouldn't have done it right now, there was too much risk to ourselves. While Saddam had killed many of his own people, he wasn't about to commit a genocide on them soon, and i would have preferred a more world friendly solution. That said, its great for these people who seem genuinely happy to be freed. I hope we don't follow through on this policy, because then we'll have to go to the congo, have to go to zimbabwe, have to go anywhere people are oppressed, and then we become the conquerers people make us out to be (good or bad, we'd be conquerers) and then we risk getting hit here again.

Agent_13 said:
Found this in an article by the managing editor of Arabnews.com Highly biased against the US, but interesting nonetheless. Here's a quality snippet.

http://www.arabnews.com/Article.asp?ID=24921

"The pride the Arabs felt in the initial stages of the invasion, before those legendary “pockets of resistance” halting the advance of the world’s only superpower were revealed as a myth, has been replaced by immense shame and humiliation. The images of US soldiers taking a picnic in the heart of Baghdad will haunt the Arab psyche for generations to come.

America has triumphed, and it would not be an overstatement to say that the whole world — formerly represented by the United Nations, the greatest betrayer of them all in this mess — feels betrayed by the ease with which America has managed to pull this off. The junta in the US were right: Don’t listen to all the talk about resistance and anger. The Iraqi Army is a joke, and the demonstrations will soon pass.

The message has been clearly sent: No country, certainly no country in the Middle East, can ever withstand even a half-baked military campaign against it led by the United States. America now rules the world, either directly or by proxy; and there is nothing anyone can do about it."

Dare I say that a show of force has caused many Arabs to GIVE UP?! Dare I say that those that say "they respect force" were right? Dare I say, this could defuse terrorism? Hopefully this "defeat of the Arabs" will make them THINK for awhile. Then, there will be peace with no more bloodshed.

When the entire Arab League couldn't take down Isarael, i think that was a pretty apparent show to them that fucking with us would be much worse for them.

Kizzak makes a good point. I think our government made a mistake when they made liberating the Iraqi people the focus of the war. Liberation should have never been mentioned. The pictures we are seeing on TV more than takes care of that aspect. Our government should have never said anything except that Iraq has continuously violated the terms of the original cease fire 12 years ago.

That said, I particularly liked the 80 year old man beating the shit out of a Saddam poster with his shoe.

Back