Gear heads, I wanna add some muscle to my car.

DocHolliday

Contributor
Veteran XX
Ok before you start laughing real hard I wanna show you what I wanna add.

RIPP Modifications, SDS (Supercharger Drive System)
Vortech Supercharger V5 G Trim
SDS Drive belt tensioner
HKS Bypass valve
High grade Silicone couplers
Cold air kit
HKS AFR (fuel controller) With suplemantal instructions
OBDII Code Reader
Oil return and feed lines 300psi nylon reinforced
Oil pan return tap
Mounting hard ware (Nuts, bolts, vacuum fitting, tie wraps)
Stainless Clamps
Brass fittings
RIPP Supercharger emblem
RC engineering 270cc injectors
Boost Variant Fuel Pressure Regulator with Gauge

I drive a 2001 Stratus R/T 3.0 V6 with a 5 speed manual transmission. I have been reading around and this kit seems like the safest bet plus it also adds some nice power.

I have a mechanic friend that would be able to help me install this and one of his relatives runs a shop with a dyno so we can get it fully timed and tested.

Info is found here.

My question is, do you guys think its worth the cost and also what would you think if I pulled up to you (say you are driving a stock camaro ss or a mustang gt) and I wanted to go? Consider the fact that my car is all stock in terms of apperance except for a Dodge Stealth style wing on the back. Would you think of me as easy prey?

Currently when I go out I get people wanting to race me all the time. I do once in awhile but of course I cannot touch the bigger v8's. I do however tear up stock Eclipses and such if they have a auto trans even though we have the same exact engine. I have to admit its a adrenaline rush and also something to talk about. I do not want to get this and not show it off some(or alot) :) . A few of my brother's buddies have souped up Honda's and they eat me alive. I would love to keep up with them or even beat them. They drive the Honda's that look like shit and even have some rust on them but when they pull off the line they get moving in a hurry. I was able to watch them race once against some kid with a riced up car(more looks then engine work) and they tore him a new one and he looked like he was about to cry.

Anyway, I want to get into this shit. Do you think this would be a good kit to get as a starter? I want something conservative yet still offers decent power. I have looked around and have found turbo's plus NOS that can add alot more HP then this but I do not want the risk nor do I wish to spend the time and money. This kit looks like it would offer a fairly decent HP/tourqe jump yet still be reliable for driving to work, etc. I know I would need to add a few more things then what is listed there but that is the bulk of it.

Opinions?

Last edited:
If you have serious suggestions thanks alot. If you are going to add nothing to this topic, please bend over so I may kick you in the ass as you exit stage right.

I was kinda hoping to draw in people like amram but I assume he is sleeping now. Someone mind bumping this in the morning for me? :)

Opinions?
I gave you my opinion. You'll be making 326.25HP at the flywheel. And on a FWD? 5 psi of boost? $4K for this? what about labor charges?

if you don't like what some people have to say, then don't ask.

edit: 326 at the fly translates to what... let's say 25% loss. 245 at the wheels, and you can't even plant all that because if you gun it you'll smoke your tires.

I think it looks like a decent kit. It's a 126hp gain at just 5psi, not bad.

btw, I think 25% is pretty high for calulating drivetrain loss, I'd say more like 15%?

invar said:
what makes you think the dyno graph is from an automatic?

This kit has produced 326.25 horsepower and 328.75 foot-pounds of torque at the flywheel on a 5spd and 308.75 and 277.12 foot-pounds of torque on an automatic sport trans on 93 octane gas. While retaining stock-like drivability.

invar said:
I gave you my opinion. You'll be making 326.25HP at the flywheel. And on a FWD? 5 psi of boost? $4K for this? what about labor charges?

if you don't like what some people have to say, then don't ask.

edit: 326 at the fly translates to what... let's say 25% loss. 245 at the wheels, and you can't even plant all that because if you gun it you'll smoke your tires.

Go take some midol invar. I was not talking to you. Geeze.

Psychosis said:
No offense, but if you are going to invest $ in a car, start with something besides a frigging stratus. Seriously.

like a civic? :lol:

I'll take a slower Stratus R/T over any Civic anyday (and I did)

Doc, if you got 4K to blow, go for it. I wish I could mod my R/T, but since its a work vehicle....

Oktane said:
This kit has produced 326.25 horsepower and 328.75 foot-pounds of torque at the flywheel on a 5spd and 308.75 and 277.12 foot-pounds of torque on an automatic sport trans on 93 octane gas. While retaining stock-like drivability.

and in that same paragraph

invar said:
so who were you talking to? you certainly didn't acknowledge my post...

Do I have to acknowledge them all? :) I see your opinion, I want to see them all and weigh them. I also need to talk to a few RL friends about this.

Plus the reason I want to do this to a Stratus(its a friggin eclipse with a different name on it) is because I love the looks of the car and I like the idea of tearing people new aholes once everything is said and done in my gay stratus.

I have been doing some more reading and peopel seem to be adding 50-100 NOS kits ontop of the super charger and getting really good results. But first things first, I wish to add this kit and make sure its solid before adding anymore. If I do end up doing all this it would be a 1-2 year project.

Back