Married people

does your husband/wife mind you on the computer? If not how do you find time to do both? Spend time with them and be on the computer and enjoy yourself? have there ever been fights solely based that you're on the computer too long? Post all kinds of stuff here regarding that

Rapscallion Jones said:
she goes to bed early so she can get up early in the morning. That gives me a few hours at night to do whatever.

wht about during the day? you spend most of the time with her right?

heh...Yeah. My wife still hates when I get on the computer to play a game.

That is why I don't play much anymore. But, she also spends a great deal of time online doing stuff herself.

Also...get her a computer she can get online when you do. That makes things a tad-bit better.

Good-luck, I found that keeping peace in the family is better than playing/surfing online.

CrazyLEG said:
heh...Yeah. My wife still hates when I get on the computer to play a game.

That is why I don't play much anymore. But, she also spends a great deal of time online doing stuff herself.

Also...get her a computer she can get online when you do. That makes things a tad-bit better.

Good-luck, I found that keeping peace in the family is better than playing/surfing online.

well she has a computer, but she doesnt do much on it. when im on, she's on the couch watchin tv, not much else

Mostly I will only mess around on the computer when 'mama' (hehe) is gone. Sometimes, I will play when she is home, but I feel guilty doing that, and I try to think of something fun we can do together, or at least something that involves hanging out together. The problem with the computer is that it is so isolating to real people around you. I noticed that when she would spend like an hour emailing and surfing...I felt like she was physically present, but not really...I can't quite explain it. Hope that helps...hehe.

Rapscallion Jones said:
she goes to bed early so she can get up early in the morning. That gives me a few hours at night to do whatever.

wtf, you haven't been married long enough to give your side :p.

and to answer the question, no. Get her a computer and all is well.

Stinkfist said:
wtf, you haven't been married long enough to give your side :p.
:/ I've been unofficially married for three years! We just signed the papers the other day! So my input counts.

And yeah, when she's awake, I chill with her.

Rapscallion Jones said:
:/ I've been unofficially married for three years! We just signed the papers the other day! So my input counts.

And yeah, when she's awake, I chill with her.

unofficial and officially are 2 different things. :D. now that she has you, look for things to change just a little :p.

Geck0 said:
Point out that you could be out with the guys at a bar instead.
dont you find it much more satisfying to have me sitting on the computer posting pics of you nude to my perverted nerdy interweb friends sweetheart?

XZiler8r [MHz] said:
done that, no help

it also helps to point out the fact that she spends just as much time doing X as you do on the computer (crafts, planting shit..if you're desperate...laundry, cooking, cleaning ;)).

Back during the T1 days, we used to have some trouble when I would have some of my marathons till 4 AM or so on school nights. But when me and her used to play Kings Quest, or Resident Evil or Tomb Raider all night she was cool with it cause she was involved.

my wife hates the comp but she understands that its a hobby of mine so she deals with it.

She likes when I go to bed with her (yeah baby) so even though she goes to bed early I go with her sometimes.

umm, if spending time with online people whom you've never or seldom met are more important than your wife...maybe it's time to do a little priority reevaluation, chief.

:wave:

HK is right though, if you love the woman you're married to you'll actually WANT to spend time with her

Back