Wild and Crazy Kids:
Complete credited cast:
Omar Gooding .... Host
Don Jeffcoat .... Host
rest of cast listed alphabetically
Annette Chavez .... Host (1990-1991)
Jessica Gaynes .... Host (1991-1992)

Nope, no Cuba Gooding Jr..
Anyone remember Rocko's Modern Life? They had this one golfing episode that I just loved.
Looks like his brother was on there though.

fick·le Pronunciation Key (fkl)
adj.
Characterized by erratic changeableness or instability, especially with regard to affections or attachments; capricious.

ie: You are all friendly one minute and then flaming me the next.

You want to know something that's neat about our generation? (though I say that term somewhat loosely since you are a few years older than myself)

We already have an "In my day..."
You see, most people have to wait until their 30s or 40s until they can have a good, "In my day, we used to have only radios!" Or "In my day, tvs were all black and white!"
But at 17 I can already say "In my day we had 14.4 baud modems and we were damn happy! In my day AOL didn't even have a web browser in it! In my day apple still ran an ISP called eworld. In my day I used to visit lycos.com all the damned time (I think it was the first real webpage I ever visited) because there were so few sites. In my day Netscape was the biggest browsing son of a bitch on the block." etc....

Hey, so how long did you keep that journal for? I never wrote one because I decided it was better if I kept things in my head.

P.S. You had horrible hand writing.

MST3K-rules said:
You want to know something that's neat about our generation? (though I say that term somewhat loosely since you are a few years older than myself)

We already have an "In my day..."
You see, most people have to wait until their 30s or 40s until they can have a good, "In my day, we used to have only radios!" Or "In my day, tvs were all black and white!"
But at 17 I can already say "In my day we had 14.4 baud modems and we were damn happy! In my day AOL didn't even have a web browser in it! In my day apple still ran an ISP called eworld. In my day I used to visit lycos.com all the damned time (I think it was the first real webpage I ever visited) because there were so few sites). In my day Netscape was the biggest browsing son of a bitch on the block." etc....

Gotta love the exponantial growth rate of your technology. We live in the 2nd best era. The 1st best will be when we travel the entire universe. I'll be long dead by then. :(

this is priceless...almost makes me want to write a journal to look back at when im 60

I don't want anyone to know about my past when I become famous, I want the bastards to work really hard to figure out what a cool life I've lead.

I kept a journal because my dad did basically. He's a hippy.

I kept it for a couple years minus or plus that.

About the handwriting, you have to realize I wrote that usually at 11pm in bed, with no desk or anything. In school and when being graded I had good handwriting.

MST3K, I remember my first computer game. It was way before this journal even. Michael Jordan vs. Larry Bird 1 on 1 baby.

Hmmm, my memory of my first games is very hazy. I remember brickles, Sim City Classic, this leet plane-flying-over-islands game for the Apple II (including shitty joystick), I remember being obsessed with frogger on our atari, and I know we also had pacman on the atari (which atari, I have no idea). The first games that I have really distinct memories of are things like wolfenstein, descent, and of course, SONIC! Man, I remember my brother got a sega genesis for his bar mitzvah and I walked into my sister's room where we had set it up (using an auxiliary cable thing if memory serves :)) and being absolutely astounded and the rich colors of sonic.

http://www.bnuniversity.com/BaseServlet/containSched;jsessionid=aaa_n7XEJO22lM?schedulingId=5000098

Description
Memoirs are based on personal experience. In an easy-to-understand manner, Memoir Writing will help you turn your memories into effective, well-crafted stories. The course will focus on key concepts in memoir writing, such as characterizing yourself, finding your story, turning memory into scene, and shaping your story. During the course you will write four short memoir pieces and engage in class discussions about the writing craft and recent published memoirs. Memoir Writing is part of the Gotham Writer's Workshop writing series. The course includes quite a bit of reading in the course texts. You should begin readingThe Tender Land by Kathleene Finneran now in preparation for the start of the course.

Prerequisites

An interest in writing a memoir.

Objectives

Be exposed to a variety of approaches to the modern memoir -- what it is and what it can do.
Be familiar with the basic storytelling craft elements as they relate to memoir.
Begin to develop your craft through weekly writing exercises.
Explore and practice techniques for finding a "way in" to telling your own stories.
Become a more effective critical reader of memoirs, able to recognize the techniques successful writers have used.

JACKPOT

I found an even older journal, this one is from 1992. I filled up the whole book. Must be 200 pages.

I have a scrim soon but I'll start typing more entries out later tonight.

Back