[Youtube] Favorite Classic Movie Scenes

Le Sean

Veteran XV
I'll start with Citizen Kane.

We are all familiar with 'Rosebud' (as symbol and opening technique) and the corresponding bookend at the film's finish, but a less sizable scene always resonated much more with me. Old-man Bernstein, a once-associate of a younger Charles Foster Kane, is about to go into flashback mode; a reporter is on hand to listen in for details as to the meaning of 'Rosebud', Kane's final words.

Framed as nothing more than a quick little anecdotal rejoinder to a young reporter's question, Bernstein's own story anchors the movie thematically.

It's really short, and sort of haunting, but reflects one of those aspects of life that never changes, that dot on the horizon.

Post some cool movie scenes. Whatever Classic means to you. Short, long, instrumental, adjunct, whatever--just explain any setup you think we need and why the scene matters. I'll do more later.

i like that part in jurassic park where the t-rex goes all raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrr while the banner falls on him

Here's one that just came to mind:

Kelly-s-Heroes.jpg

Kelley's Heroes

(Outside the farm house, Telly Savales keeping the troops in line)

Big Joe: "If I hear anymore threats against Captain Maitlyn's life... if I hear anymore WILD TALK... about going down to headquarters and killin' the general... or rapin' the nurses at the field hospital, I'm gonna strangle the guy with my bare hands, you understand that? Now all good things come to those who wait! We're gonna have a lot of FUN here... aren't we Cowboy?"

Cowboy: "You can bet yer boots on that partner!"

Big Joe: "SERGEANT, partner!"

Cowboy: "Right, sarg."

Big Joe: "All right..."

Willard: "Joe..."

Big Joe: "Yeah."

Willard: "I think I've got the crabs."

Back