Youtube Channels

Archimedes

Veteran XV
Hey guys, I've toyed with the idea of starting a youtube channel for a while, and yesterday I uploaded my first video. One reason why I'm starting a channel is because I teach a small class of young kids that are just starting out playing the guitar, and this is one way I can show them the stuff we talk about during lessons. The other is so friends can view the videos and offer advice, or simply enjoy the playing. Here's the first video I've uploaded; I played something that was really familiar to me: Opeth - Demon of the Fall. In the future I want to do a "Tribute to Thrash" in which I will cover songs by Metallica, Megadeth, and Slayer.

Give it a listen if you want. I can answer questions on here if there are any.

Solid playing. Opeth rocks...

If I have any constructive criticism, it would be that you should keep your left wrist straight rather than bending it so much. That's something my classical guitar teacher told me a few years back, but I don't know how much it matters for electric guitar. The fretboard scale is a lot more forgiving on electric.

I've actually tried to minimize the bending in my left wrist by switching the leg I put the guitar on to the left instead of the right. It helped and it also made it more comfortable for my picking hand, but I'll continue to watch my left wrist technique. Technique is something I've always been overly concerned with, so thanks for the criticism. :]

You might try using a guitar strap and keeping the guitar pretty high, then move your left elbow towards your left to straighten out the wrist. This is of course if you don't mind looking like a guitar nerd with the guitar high on your body. In any case the elbow is responsible for keeping the wrist straight.

Back