Your Home Theater Specs

MaxxCarnage

Veteran XX
So I have been geeking out on home theater stuff lately. Kinda balling on a budget but I am curious what everyone is rocking.

TV: Sony X850E 65" 4k HDR
AVR: Denon SB510BT 5.2 Surround Reciever
Speakers: Front and Center Cambridge Soundworks Newton T500 towers w/ 10" integrated subs, and center channel
Def Tech Procinema 800 rear bookshelves
2 Def Tech Prosub 800 subs (rear subs)
PS4 Pro as main device

every time i walk into someone's home that has a huge wall of surround speakers and bullshit i just think. how often do you use that? is this 1992?

Computer (gaming rig really, 4790, 1060, etc.)
55" Sony 1080p W...something ("smart" tv being used simply as a monitor)
2x Klipsch tower speakers
Sony 500W (or something) amp
Logitech wireless G602 mouse
Logitech wired G410 keyboard (cord ran under the floorboard to behind couch)
A single remote that came with the TV that controls both the amp and TV with single power button presses and volume controls.

Last edited:
LG OLED65
Xbox One X
LG SJ9 Atmos soundbar cause I don't wanna fuck with cabling and a proper surround setup. it's aight

4k blurays are niiice and worth it

Last edited:
Too embarrassingly old to post, Maxx. It was some off the shelf in the box Pioneer receiver with speakers from years ago. How's your setup working for you?

u can always tell when someone spends way too much time at home by the specs of their home theater and how angrily they post about it on tw

I posted this in another thread. I'm a huge faggot. Lately though I don't use it because I am more focused on taking care of my parents. My bullshit takes a back seat. If I get a chance to fuck around I will.

NCoYfFy.jpg

92" Projector Screen
Projector : Epson 6040 (fake 4K projector)
Receiver : Anthem MRX 720 / 7.2 / 140 watts x 5 / 60 watts x 2 / Atmos/DTS:X Receiver
Media Device : Samsung 4k Blu-Ray player w/ Netflix/Hulu/Prime etc...
Front Mains : 2 X Paradigm 75F Floorstanding Speakers
Center : 1 x Paradigm 45C Center Speaker
Surrounds : 2 X Paradigm 15B Bookshelf Speakers
Height Channels : 2 X Klipsch RP140 Height Speakers
Subwoofer : 1 X Paradigm Seismic 110 / 850 watts continuous and 1700 watt peak

Something I always wanted. /faggot

I have a 32 inch RCA television that my wife won in 2010. It even has a built in DVD (not Blue Ray) player!

*edit* Oh, I also have an Amazon Fire Stick!

Last edited:
Acer XB271HU 27" IPS monitor.
Sennheiser 598 SE headphones.
Reclining desk chair.
No distractions as I only watch movies after wife and kid are asleep.

Dude - this is 2017. No one has time for an entire movie. Plus - hi-fi detracts from the lo-fi nature of youtube clips.

Dude - this is 2017. No one has time for an entire movie. Plus - hi-fi detracts from the lo-fi nature of youtube clips.

blackpeople says he hasn't sat through a full movie since 1992

Lethal Weapon 3, Wayne's World, Home Alone 2 last movies i made it through without needing flashing gifs on loop to constantly entertain me

Too embarrassingly old to post, Maxx. It was some off the shelf in the box Pioneer receiver with speakers from years ago. How's your setup working for you?

I love it, the second sub really filled out the system. Only gripe is it doesn't do the STUPID low frequencies. Everything else I am pleased with. Pioneer did and still does put out good products.

Good shit, Danno! I figured someone had a cool setup like that.

To the haters, I have kids now so it's not as easy to get out as it once was. This way we can enjoy movies at home and playing campaigns in proper DTS Surround is AMAZING. Virtual Surround Sound will never take the place of true directional audio.

Back