You just have to fiddle with it.

eMOxygen

Veteran XX
That is my new answer. Everyday at work (i'm the only one in the office that knows shit about anything you plug-in) I'm bombarded by the dumbest questions. "How do I make a short-cut?", "How do I access the folder I just put all my documents in?", etc.

So today I get "Can you help us with the footer bar in Word?". They have an image in a footerbar with some text under it and it's taking up half the page. Thats the problem so I go over an delete some extra returns and all is well. The look of amazement was scary. I was asked how to do it and that was my response: "Just fiddle with it."

Anyone else have a job like this, where you are constantly attacked with requests from other people and you can't even get work done?

one time a WOMAN installed microsoft project and couldnt find it. i wrote an email saying 'check under start->programs. there should be a folder called microsoft office and it should be in there since all office 2003 programs are in there

she couldnt find it, so i walked up to her desk... and it was exactly where i said it was wtf

she was ok.. i'd hit it (im the intern at a software company, and there are a lot of cute/hawt girls in HR/sales/marketing etc)

i used to have a job like that. eventually i got so pissed off i decided to take advantage of it and take super long to get any of the tech support/computer shit (which wasnt my job) done. nobody had a clue that it doesnt take 3 days to make and print a table with peoples name in one column and a spot next to them in another column to sign up for vacations.

Yeah, people are always asking me shit like "how can I backup my files" and "how do I make a table in Word" and "can you reset my password?".
All day long they come to me with their bullshit.

Of course, I am the only tech support guy for the office, but shit, they can't crack a book once in a while? I was once interrupted THREE times before I could complete a single TW post.

Back