[Yes or No] Champions Online

Does anyone here play this that would recommend it? I know it came out a little while back and it looked pretty cool.

Yeah, PvE where you can create a hero that can do anything is pretty gay.

Plus it was made by the same guys who did City of Heroes, which is pretty gay.
Also, it was made by the same guys who thought City of Heroes deserved an expansion. The decision, and the expansion were also pretty gay.

I played it when it first came out and I thought it was really fun. The PvP was kinda unique (but needed way more balancing). PvE was fun enough I guess.

Character Creator Online is fun until you get out of the character creator screen.

I tried it out in beta and, like others have said, it's pretty bland. Creating a character is fun and you can literally do anything with it (I made a big fat black guy with fairy wings that flew around) once you start the game it's all just back to basic WoW mechanics.

I play it, but don't spend any amount of time in it though. It's fun to jump on, run a few missions, then jump off. If you like super heroes, it's your only choice. It's not terrible, but it's not great either.

Downsides:
It just gets repetitious fast, the attack chains are nearly the same every time. The enemies start to blend together, not much variance. There aren't that many zones (4 I think). The crafting sucks.

Upsides:
It looks nice. One server. Very large zones. Regular content updates.

Upsides:
It looks nice. One server. Very large zones. Regular content updates.

I had to address this; there may be one server however that one server is split into about 300 instances per zone. At most, you'll be around maybe 30 people at a time.

This is the same shitty developer that made Star Trek Online

Is this the one you pay for the game then download whenever the store was open online ...and it was only open a few hours a day...

I remember when sto came out alot of people playing champions online got screwed over about something. what that something is however I have no fucking clue about. I just remember people spamming and bitching about it in the forums.

hmmm i guess the general answer is no. i guess i'll wait for All Points Bulletin. it should have just as much customization options

Back