y dont all server whitelist models?

lemon has been warning you for a long time now about model hacks taht dont even require any special knowledge just renaming models. YOU DONT EVEN NEED PERMAIFF TO SEE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME. NO INJECTIONS! ppl have been flying under the radar with this stuff for a long time and no1 bothered to blacklist/whitelist all models. why?

its one of those things that's more hassle that it'll help

really the only cheat anyone cares about is permaIFF, .dts changes wont show players behind hills or walls (i dont think?? unless u add some crazy annoying pulse around them)

prolly should check flag.dts but then u got people running T:A and T:V flags and other gay shit you'd either have to whitelist or get them to take them out

and for what

i know commu used to check lflame.dts but who knows if it still does

so what if people want to customize their game man relax

1Kx7xkZ.png

meh i'd hate to play like that

how the fuck would you cap a flag on DX with defenders and LO, you'd be blind

im sure the .dts checks would be trivial to add back to commu, personally i don't care tho

p.s. i love seeing lemon using bluelines.dll in his screenshots :)

its one of those things that's more hassle that it'll help

really the only cheat anyone cares about is permaIFF, .dts changes wont show players behind hills or walls (i dont think?? unless u add some crazy annoying pulse around them)

prolly should check flag.dts but then u got people running T:A and T:V flags and other gay shit you'd either have to whitelist or get them to take them out

and for what

i know commu used to check lflame.dts but who knows if it still does

oh it wont you say?

123.jpg

simple photoshop color overlay to demonstrate model changes.

black pole - seeing enemy behind hills, hidden, easier spotting cappers on distance etc.

weapon model - recognize type of weapon from afar + seeing behind walls + lets say knowing explosion radius of nade/disc if you choose to set it to to such width

the nade poles - spotting nades, knowing their radius when they are coming your way

if you want 2 catch hackers you have 2 think like hackers

*drops the mic*

Last edited:
thing is tho u can always ski out of the visible distance to where the game stops registering you to the other people and hide temporarily (in comp hiding is always temporary if ur vs a good team in a pub ppl r retarded so who cares)

me personally i like to get into the cloud layer and go way up high and then land in a random spot or suicide toss the flag in a direction no one is following me in and attempt to catch it just as it lands basically a really elaborate self pass

the only thing that i think this could be considered an advantage for is stand d where it would make things a lot easier if you could consistently see people around or through the bases. and im not sure how they'd do that without shatners ogl type transparency stuff or just perma iffs

Like dare said before, really the only people anyone needs to worry about hacking are the top guys left and I don't think any of them do.

I'd worry more about helping the terrible players (who have been around forever) to get better.

hacks only are a serious threat advantage if ur a god mode player already and really really really good at meta game

most average and even good players with hacks make little more impact with the hacks in competition that doesnt get delt with easily by anyone skilled especially a team of skilled people

in pubs they can definitely shit up the game tho and annoy ppl and i think its scummy to have to cheat in a pub anyway like wtf is there to prove just like arena if u cheat in arena ur a fucking fag but if ppl r gonna cheat in arena and its obvious i can understand other ppl starting to cheat to compensate. it does really fuck up arena though big time.

Like dare said before, really the only people anyone needs to worry about hacking are the top guys left and I don't think any of them do.

I'd worry more about helping the terrible players (who have been around forever) to get better.

tier 3 sleepy?

the problem with whitelisting is that the list gets pretty large and the performance of the server suffers because of all the checks. there is always some guy showing up with his T2 skins so you need to add even more all the time. community is doing minimal testing lately but even so the server performance is frustrating from time to time.

so there are really only two courses to follow now, let everyone cheat or squeeze them with UnhappyMod 3.0.

in the cpma pro quake 3 community they r having the same issue with armour timers being included in reflex or not as we do with permaiff/happyflag

Back