XM vs Sirius

BloodyShark

Veteran XX
I rarely start threads, but here's one for ya. I'm getting a new stereo for the car and will probably get some sort of satelite radio service in the near future. But I really have no personal experience with satellite services and was wondering if any of you guys have. So which is better, XM or Sirius?

Right now XM has a stronger hold on the market. They have more channels, more commercial free channels, and you can actually hear a diffrence in sound quality with XM.

xm has some commercials on the music stations where as sirius doesn't
9.95 for xm and 12.95 for sirius per month or something like that
both have same stations so you're just paying a little more for complete commercial freedom
talk radio does have commercials for both and if you're getting satelite radio I would think its for the talk otherwise just play CD's
that all said, I would personally go with XM just for the fact that it's cheaper

}x{MDK said:
Right now XM has a stronger hold on the market. They have more channels, more commercial free channels, and you can actually hear a diffrence in sound quality with XM.

the sound quality has to be from the different radios themselves, satelite is satelite and the sound stream is the same
they don't have more commercial free channels, sirius has none and they do not have more channels, its the same

Warden said:
xm has some commercials on the music stations where as sirius doesn't
9.95 for xm and 12.95 for sirius per month or something like that
both have same stations so you're just paying a little more for complete commercial freedom
talk radio does have commercials for both and if you're getting satelite radio I would think its for the talk otherwise just play CD's
that all said, I would personally go with XM just for the fact that it's cheaper

Still waiting for this sentence to end...

(I'm going w/ XM when I get a new car stereo)

Back