[xbox360] Is an elite worth it?

Littlex

Veteran X
Topic says it all, i would like to buy a xbox360 and i have no clue which one. Should i buy an elite or a normal with the 60GB harddisk? For what do you need the HD anyway?

Is there anything else i should watch out for?

Ty

the elite is black and has a slightly larger HD, and is (was) a decent chunk more expensive.

just get the mid-line one, with the 20gb HD and the wireless controller.

i've had my 360 for over a year and only half filled the hd.

I for my Elite for like $309 with a bundled game pack, so if you can wait look for deals. Dell has specials where you can grab the Elite fairly cheap every now and then.

I am in europe so i'll order my xbox at amazon.uk. And ill go for the 60GB version its just 10euro more expensive. Anything else i need? :D

Last edited:
ive got two cents on this.

i'm in the market and i've been searching around. the gamestop goty elite bundle looked great, but i'm really trying to avoid the Red Ring of Death and other 360 tech problems, so a little searching has shown me that only the 'Xbox Arcade' (super stripped version) has the latest updated firmware + buying the HD / accessories separate seems to be the best route to take.

Just get the new 60GB. It has the "jasper" chip or whatever which is sopposed to be better then the falcon (which is whati have and runs fine). It's nice to be able to install games to the hard drive.

Elite xboxes are least likely to get redring. Ive had mine for over 2 years and never ever have had a problem with it.

But I got the elite for the smaller cpu chip (65nm vs 95 nm) and it runs cooler than the white ones.

The bigger HD was just a bonus for me, and had little to do with my buying decision

okay i am going for the 60GB one, as its the new one and has hdmi and the new chip afaik?

I would like to get Guitar Hero with it, is there any you can recommend?

Elite xboxes are least likely to get redring. Ive had mine for over 2 years and never ever have had a problem with it.

But I got the elite for the smaller cpu chip (65nm vs 95 nm) and it runs cooler than the white ones.

The bigger HD was just a bonus for me, and had little to do with my buying decision

Funny, my elite just this last week RROD death on me. And I don't even play it that often.

I would've thought that MS after several years would've fucking fixed their hardware issues, but then I remembered it's MS and they don't give a shit.

i just recently traded my 20gb launch for the elite, i kept filling up the hd space on my 20gb, and having to decide what rock band dlc to delete or whatever so i just figured i may as well go for the 120 and not have to worry about it anymore

Funny, my elite just this last week RROD death on me. And I don't even play it that often.

I would've thought that MS after several years would've fucking fixed their hardware issues, but then I remembered it's MS and they don't give a shit.

They do care. That's why they extended RROD warranty to 3 years. Either that or to avoid a class action lawsuit. :lol:

The xbox pro is the best "deal." Only difference with elite is it comes with a HDMI cable which you can buy for a couple of bucks at monoprice and a bigger HD. Oh yeah and it's black. Just make sure you get a jasper.

<3 my elite

Back