xbox modding

easyest way To modd your xbox and not have to open it or have a mod chip
I Just re-did mine again 2 days ago.

http://slayer.xbox-scene.com/?menuitem=news
SlaYer's EvoX Auto-Installer v2.5 It installs an a mod on the box no mod-chip. Dont need anything at all. then you can FTP into your xbox and delete all the files on C and replace them with the newest verison of Xbox Media Center Pimped ED. If you need any of these files pm me

Last edited:
but it's a horrible thing to do. Deleting the official dashboard robs you of online play, setting up hdtv for your dashboard, messing with your time settings, and adding custom soundtracks for the games that support it. It's easier to install your default dash to the e drive.

sure, if you don't play online at all, or don't want to change any settings that are only controlled by the ms dashboard.

What's the best option for me if I have no intentions of playing on Live and just want DVD and media playback and emulators for NES-N64 along with all ROMS?

Just download the krazy installer from the usual place.
Put it on the memory card
boot game
install.

Everything is done for you.

ok I have no idea what the usual place is if it's not xbox-scene.com

nor do I have any idea how to put things on the memory card

I have a stock xbox if I wasn't clear about that

pro action replay cable.
Official microsoft memory card
Original splinter cell. Not the platinum hits edition.

Irc.efnet.net #xbins follow the instructions off of the topic.

@ Warmachine: go buy a copy of action replay from gamestop and go rent a copy of either MechAssault (non-platinum hits), Splinter cell (non-platinum hits) or 007 Agent Under Fire. Download a softmod install package such as krayzie's install or waffle tools. Put gamesave on memory card, boot savegame from one of the games, and then install your softmod. Then install XBMC.

@ Twiztid: Just make sure that your hard drive can be locked. I highly recommend using xboxhmd.

hardmod: $$ for chip, should get a good one instaed of a shitty one, more $$

softmod: some problems, softbooting always fixes, free.

both take hooking hdd to comp

media center (XBMC) is the only thing ull need

Last edited:
Krazy's ndure installer, on the full install mode. Using FTP, set up XBMC in the place of the THC / EvoX dashboard, and launch the backed up microsoft dashboard whenever you need to change settings. Works perfectly for me.

SniperOmega said:

I am pretty sure that mod chips dont require hooking the xbox up to the computer...Once modchip is installed you can insert a burned DVD that loads the BIOS and installs the dashboard?

ie Slayer's AutoInstaller thing

I could be mistaken though

hm.. that might work with the newest modchips, they could tell it to work off of that.

i have a softmod myself *shrug*
all u really need is xmbc, and a dash (prob comes with everything out there)

SniperOmega said:

I really dont care about softmod vs modchip but..

how is softmod free? you need a mem card, a game, an action replay..

modchips arent that expensive. a damn good one is $40 with the no solder kit.

and no, you dont have to hook the harddrive to a computer for a hardmod.

there are a few things that you need to change the bios for that softmods cant do (since they cant replace the bios), such as the VGA fix so the xbox can display on RGBHV displays.

DMAUL said:
how is softmod free? you need a mem card, a game, an action replay..
Go to gamestop and buy a copy of action replay and one of the games. Come home and proceed to mod your xbox. Return to gamestop the next day and return said items. They have a 7 day no questions asked return policy.

Back