[WTF] WTF king of bug/virus is this?

MistaKe

Veteran X
..if any, that is.

Just got this shit today after looking on nfl.com or some shit. Does anyone know what it is, or how to get rid of it? Virus scan has picked up nothing, using McAfee or whatever. Thanks in advance.

wtfbug.png

wtfbug1.png

Then when I click out, it brings me to some luxeccodec.com site or something. Real annoying.

Looks like a variant of Fakealert, Smitfraud might be able to remove it.

Otherwise try out your standard fair of anti-virus and anti-spyware utilities. I'd recommend with at least trying Avast!, it's free, and easily the best free antivirus I've seen in a long time.

Looks like a variant of Fakealert, Smitfraud might be able to remove it.

Otherwise try out your standard fair of anti-virus and anti-spyware utilities. I'd recommend with at least trying Avast!, it's free, and easily the best free antivirus I've seen in a long time.

Thanks for the reply.

This thing fucked up my system real bad. I let my version of McAfee run for an hour or so and I came back and my screen was set and readjusted to 800x600 with the warning as my desktop background. I right clicked and went to properties to reset my size and background and found I was unable to as all the tabs were gone.

I'm not sure how viruses work or what this one is since the virus scan was unable to complete but I have a 300GB hd that I was using for storage plugged into my system. If I just remove my main HD and put windows on my new 300GB, should I be good to go?

Back