[WoW] What a fucking moron

shadow skill

Veteran XV
A Johnson County man who told investigators that he was merely testing a theory could face federal charges after he told deputies he threatened to blow up a commercial airliner.

The 18-year-old, who lives in the 4000 block of Ridgemere Drive, Greenwood, told Johnson County deputies that he was playing a popular online role-playing game early Monday morning when he issued a threat that he "was going to board a plane at 7:30 to Chicago and that (he) was going to try and kill as many Americans as possible," according to an incident report from the sheriff's department.

A facilitator with an online gaming center alerted authorities after she noticed several messages from the man, who was playing "World of Warcraft," threatening to blow up an airliner.

The man, who originally told investigators that someone had hacked into his computer, admitted he jokingly made the threats, which did not name a specific airline, because he had heard that merely doing so would bring police to his house, "but I didn't really believe it," he said in a written statement.

A representative from Blizzard Entertainment, the online gaming site, would not disclose the exact content of the chat logs to investigators without a subpoena, but she said the logs seemed "very serious" and did not seem like jokes.

The man's computer was seized as evidence.

The Federal Bureau of Investigations, which took over the investigation, could file charges with the U.S. Attorney's Office, according to the affidavit.

Source

Looks like your theory is correct, you fail at life. Idiot. :domotwak:

I have no problem with them making sure it is the right person and then putting a bullet in their brain

How is his computer going to help the investigation? Everything would be stored server side.

so blizzard monitors chat logs in wow?

This is kind of what I was thinking as well, or maybe someone reported him for saying it. I'm pretty sure they log all of the chat, but I'm not sure if they just pick out random people and start looking over what they're saying.

so blizzard monitors chat logs in wow?

"A facilitator with an online gaming center alerted authorities after she noticed several messages from the man"

That's not Blizzard, that's some person at some LAN centre who was in the game at the time. And of course Blizzard keeps logs, why wouldn't they?

OMG I AM GOING TO FLY AN RC PLANE INTO A MODEL TOWER AND HAVE LITTLE ARMY MEN FALL OUT OF THE BUILDING AS I LIGHT SOME FIRECRACKERS INSIDE THE BUILDING AND MAKE IT BLOW UP!

I know people say a lot of stupid shit jokingly, but WoW has such a large subscriber base, and there are enough fuck ups out there that one of them may actually be crazy enough to try and kill people after announcing it.

Yea, let's get some creative sentencing from one of those types of judges, and make him publicly delete all of his WoW characters.

Back