[World Cup] Netherlands vs Argentina

RadianT-

Veteran XX
Both sides are keeping some key players on the bench due to yellow cards, but it should be a good game despite that.

HUP HOLLAND!!! :clap:

i dont know who to root for since i like both teams

ill probably root for argentina because they play so well

cant hate the netherlands though

Nederland

When I lived there, Ruud Gullit was like a God in Holland. I've liked them ever since then.
gullit_olanda.jpg

don't care who wins, really.. I just want a good match.

#soccer on irc.dynamic.com

(bunch of ppl there now, btw)

Although it would be nice to win against Argentina, if Holland loses tonight and thus becomes 2nd in the group and assuming we win in the 8th Finals against Portugal, we would be playing against England in the Quarterfinals. That would be favourable against winning tonight, then playing against Mexico in the 8th, and then playing Germany in the Quarters. imo anyways.

I think youu're really underestimating portugal

hoping for england while looking past a game i'm really not sure you win seems silly

RadianT- said:
Although it would be nice to win against Argentina, if Holland loses tonight and thus becomes 2nd in the group and assuming we win in the 8th Finals against Portugal, we would be playing against England in the Quarterfinals. That would be favourable against winning tonight, then playing against Mexico in the 8th, and then playing Germany in the Quarters. imo anyways.

mexico is more favorable than england. they moved on playing in a weak group, and didn't look so hot against portugal

Durak said:
angola, iran??? rofl, 2 powerhouses of the world of soccer am i rite?

no you idiot, look at what he said, and then look at what you said. man you really are stupid.

Durak said:
mexico is more favorable than england. they moved on playing in a weak group, and didn't look so hot against portugal

Playing Mexico in the 8th means you'll play Germany in the Quarters (unless Sweden somehow start playing good enough to defeat them), and i was hoping to avoid them.

playing enlgand in the 8th means you have a less of a chance of advancing to the quarters (becuase they are a better team) than playing mexico

I think this is going to be the best first round match. Both teams are closely ranked . Personally I have no clue who is going to win this one.

Back