Wonky Video Card Problems.

Out of the blue today my attempts at running anything result in tons of artifacts... Firefox only has a few artifacts but things like the display preview in the Nvidia panel is completely shot with artifacts.

Repeated messages with 'display driver has failed and recovered' are happening with just about everything except firefox yet the page functions in the top right exist as nothing but a grey bar.

Installing an older driver hasnt helped.

Is the card likely shot? What can i do to determine that? Why does Smart Doctor say everything is fine and dandy?

is it worth it to break down the case and reseat the card?

Pull the card, rub the contacts with a proper rubber eraser, blow clean and put it back in.

If this doesnt work, you just need to wait for Kepler.

Pull the card, rub the contacts with a proper rubber eraser, blow clean and put it back in.

If this doesnt work, you just need to wait for Kepler.

So far this has worked...

ill try running a 3d app.

BTW temp is ok... ive left things like HOI3 running in background when running... I doubt this thing has been over heated...

why would a year old card suddenly stop working and needing to be reseated in the first place?

Meh, happens. Every time I do a case swap or a major upgrade, I'll fully dismantle and clean the pins on everything I can touch with an eraser.

Back