Wise Ass Poll

Wise Ass Poll

• Total voters
Cael is the only one who can successfully pull off being a wise ass. Severed and Mitch are both too sensitive to pull it off.

Now lemon, is probably the king wise ass of TW imo. Just takes subtle shots and walks away.

I thought it was this:

a person who is irritating because they behave as if they know everything.
"he is such a sarcastic wise-ass"

I have never used it that way, but maybe in other places. i would call that person a know it all, which would be Val for sure.

In this case, you are actually correct, sehvi.

Jimmy is a mentally handicapped boomer who never read a dictionary and is annoyed because he thinks the ever so slight backhanded compliment that is calling someone a wise-ass is annoying to him because it's in reference to me and he's still sour. "Val isn't wise, grrr!" He literally copy/pasted the definition and still didn't understand it.

Regardless, there are far bigger wise-asses here than me.

There you go sehvi, Val is never wrong, just ask him.

Edit: this is a prime example of me being a smart-ass, where Val gave an excellent example of someone acting like a know-it-all.

I'm going to spread piss everywhere when I say Blah. Special was/is smart, and Aestis could do things with maths that impressed even Cael, and Cael is major smart. In like somewhere place come in Havax, and I guess Kinetic Poet and me and all the rest, and it makes Havax mad when I tell him that Cael is 2 standard deviations of smart above us, so that's why I do it.

Blah was like. . .Hannibal Lecter level of smart. Differential equations were intuitive to him, and he could do things in his head that the rest of us had to get out a sheet of paper or consult Khan academy. His intellect is something that other humans study.

Damn i think that in twenty years on this board this is actually the first time Validuz has said that i am right about something.

A wiseass is a really annoying know-it-all.
Look it up

Yeah I’ve seen that definition, but apparently it has several similar but different definitions depending on where you look. I’ve always been called a smartass, so maybe it’s a bit different.

Vanster, what do you think of when you hear the term wise-ass as opposed to know-it-all? Most of the internet has them as synonymous, though I do not really agree with that. I’d appreciate your take on this.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/social-instincts/202012/how-much-know-it-all-really-knows?amp

This is how I use know it all. Val to me is a prime example in this context. Where lemon is a prime example of a wise-ass to me.

I suppose a wise-ass is someone that just snarks. Like.. .someone could come in here and say some terrible thing that happened and Cael would say something half-assed funny.

Half-assed. . God help me if I even know what that means. Cael just says things that are meant to lighten the mood.

Validuz does not, and cannot, do funny. He doesn't understand humor, and he is like my brother on the other end of the autism spectrum disorder, except that he cannot do maths. What Validuz is, and always will be, is angry. When I say that Maddie nearly wet herself when watching the

VAL Rages - YouTube

video

"WHERE IS THE INFORMATION ON TEAMSPEAK THAT THEY WERE RIGHT IN FRONT OF US?"

I'm not prevaricating. I'm not sure that she actually urinated, but she did go and change.

To your point, I think a wise-ass is like Don Rickles. No matter what you say, he has something to respond, and it is usually inimical. Okay, here is another stupid story, that is somewhat relevant:

I'm in the grocery line, and the cashier is kind of hot, so I'm talking to her and she is just not having it. So now I'm totally talking to her, and she is like over it. This day was not her day. So she does pet Scrappy, and as we are finishing up, I say "well gosh, please don't go out of your plan to wish us to have a nice day."

And this girl, straight up, without missing a beat says

"Sir it's on your receipt."

And yeah, fuck me, there it was, "have a nice day."

Wise-ass, she.

i do not have the self-esteem to smile, because I'm just. . an unattractive man.

But here you go, and I'm going to keep the bracelet for a while.

AP1GczM-MHryJ7RTUgCbCT-Uq0QY6BYCulG-wSJhux0le3e7lEco5t9rszjUVaxMKKv-d3yx3NAWIGIPZbcB5nElMSyYhBN1c5BsF40gqJTWyaMMsLgCHtkXxZjYvVjHTyXPsyq-BBw_tMjhks-PtVGdeqAXE6x8hAgSjKYg5HMc643I_j8xujYkmIKXracpKqi-LITmNi1C-RzNa_Nsqq7eE3MwrSN-loJVkF3dKQpta0HEhmOSWteRcrSyNSgTg_ud7t__-Yp4U06EgM-rAJLJoH5lGxerpyQconnlpPM_ENEiBNwy7m8RH-_1VNPqhUexxpAYWNSabteJreXxtAV6y9OlHyMMDffT_r6LoEoexglXLtIPE7orhfCSfimu6V1J0qB3JKZUemhEpEyPzjv3mgvrRE_3S8nypNaoRJf5sPba7Jwm25J4ZzSahqrLVCokDUcA2dSSQ_ZPW2QyxQ8bUYRmMJ_hXkPC3By9_DYGiPwX3ag7LKOavMlYvYkkoZKovUyNZCmKQrIGrPixxMqQ0itf9-CfP4AnFCGbaCkk5Wm_wvdbVu4__7-k-oQ4UAB8uvcPBHW6alAd49NqPjXDN-zK7BobWEX3mIYi1X0CbR8mz-AxJw0HB2cbwO3XvD0aoC7WgeaaWvJJ6A0bvErxmdBiapM1s22zziBsZdpLr6E3SyQ--G9hA0aK0hDVCTyHl511tH5jDcfbHXiZlBMH9_cBGxmtqdc3rJFyGaBFKOKVM6GM72qpWFyZ13BE6UPH5CFe1a_-YwAf_tLZeE6IxR305bVk-ET_SHpwc9001WIsJR_P5YYR5-R4KR2D9yx5VpS9yM0aK79h1datf5OEcBJ6x6WbgwaZ_MW003eMuj-Bzcl3uhOkpHy1SHxW44LnK4RnyhXn-14N8R8bykPsxQocfKNu=w848-h636-s-no-gm

Don Rickles is perfect example of wise-ass. I should have thought to use a celebrity as an example.

So would you call Trump or Maher a Know-it-all?

I feel we have the same take on these two expressions, even though most of the internet seems to group them together. Of course it could be a demographic thing I guess, me being a life long Bostonian, I can’t assume common expressions here are the same everywhere.

Back