Windows 8 leaks

OriGiNaL

Contributor
Veteran XX
Not sure if this was already posted. The instant on and user detection stuff sounds interesting....

Ghana News :: Microsoft details early windows 8 improvements to OEMs ::: Breaking News | News in Ghana | technology

Microsoft is planning to enable next generation high speed connectivity solutions such as USB 3.0 and Bluetooth 3.0 within Windows 8. Microsoft's key area of focus appears to be performance and instant-on systems. "Windows 8 PC's turn on fast, nearly instantly in some cases

Microsoft is also aiming to use sensors in Windows 8 PCs. "Windows 8 can adapt to changes in ambient light, so that the display is always easy to see", states part of the document. The document also hints at Kinect like features. "Windows 8 could detect my presence and log me automatically", hinting at PCs being able to detect their users.

engadget:

Last edited:
I like the facial detection security. Why aren't USB 3 and Bluetooth 3 supported? They are live right now.

Wow Microsoft better work on plugging all those leaks out there in Ghana. Must be that huge MS development campus in [capital of Ghana].

edit: it's apparently Accra, btw

I put tape over the camera on my labtop. I don't want the internet to see my face because I look like Ted Kennedy having a severe acne breakout.

what happens to the facial recognition shit when you shave off your beard
Facial recognition uses facial geometry which is generally unaffected by things like glasses or facial hair. Get smacked in the face so that your nose swells to the size of a squash or an eye swells shut and you might have a problem. ;)

this is catlike craziness
uyyci5.gif
uyyci5.gif
uyyci5.gif

bunch of "cool" but ultimately pointless features

Most are just bells and whistles, but I think being able to have your computer "instant" on from full shutdown would be cool. That being said, SSDs have already lowered loadup times to a few seconds.

Facial recognition uses facial geometry which is generally unaffected by things like glasses or facial hair. Get smacked in the face so that your nose swells to the size of a squash or an eye swells shut and you might have a problem. ;)

i know how the technology works, what im wondering is if windows will have the same capabilities as the other software. and, if not, if you've got a gandalf beard and wear glasses, then change your life and shave and get contacts if it will still work the same.

This is the start of computers becoming content aware, which is the end goal.

edit: i shouldn't say end goal, but the next goal.

Back