Windows 7 64 bit vs 32 bit question

T-Funk

Veteran XV
I cant seem to find an actual answer to my question, but I'm assuming it's not possible.

I'm building a new system and want windows 7 64bit, but I also wanted win7 on my netbook that I think can't run 64bit......

Is there the ability to install 32bit from the 64bit disc or a way to get the 32 bit with my 64bit license?

Thx :]

well i would just get 32bit because i can install that on both from one license, but i'd RATHER have 64 on my desktop

Install the 64 on both computers then apply sandpaper to the laptops harddrive and sand off 32 bits.

Real Answer: I think that both the 32 and 64 bit are included in all version except the starter and home basic.

ah thx im just getting to that part in a youtube video lol
wow and then i just watched a vid where professional only comes with one.....maybe thats the"32bit version"

Last edited:
Just stop the installation when 32 of the 64 bits are loaded. This way you won't have to worry about breaking your disc or sanding down your hard drives. It's much more sensible and efficient.

i need the 64bit interwebs so i can create a website where people win prizes playing games based on skill

ah thx im just getting to that part in a youtube video lol
wow and then i just watched a vid where professional only comes with one.....maybe thats the"32bit version"

I just think 'starter' doesn't come with 64 bits. Starter is put on netbooks. Everything else comes with both.

hmm ic ic

my second issue is my future copy is an electronic download(academic discount thingy) with a backup "disk"(singular) hmmm they better not screw me

not a bad deal $89cdn for office 2010 and $39cdn for win7

Back