[Willie Wonka] snortin' choclate, smell-o-vision, and a vocal vibrator.

chshrc

Veteran X
Real Willie Wonka creates inhalable chocolate and smell-o-vision.

"We've done a lot around 'air food' and other kinds of nutritional experiences that are without calories, that are all-natural, that are portable. And there's no liquid and all kinds of benefits," he says.

Or, instead of nutrition, how about a buzz? After Le Whif came Le Whaf, a machine that turns liquid — quite often alcohol — into fluffy clouds of consumable gas.

"It's exciting to have a place like Le Laboratoire, where they're willing to think about where different senses can take us and what happens if you combine them," Machover says.

Which brings us to the oPhone, a little device that transmits and receives "aroma messages." Chef Patrick Campbell collaborated with Edwards to concoct scents based on the dishes he's created for Le Laboratoire's restaurant. But the no-nonsense chef admits he was skeptical.

"The idea of someone sending, essentially, my dish across the ocean instantaneously, and there's three people in a Parisian coffee shop smelling my cavatelli or whatever it is, is a very interesting concept," Campbell says.

I'm all over the chocolate but I dont think I'd be too keen on the oPhone thing knowing you guys...

willy wonka as an american is kinda scary b/c capitalist fundamentalist

he's much less batshit as an eccentric british dood

It's a well known fact that Johnny Depp is the best choclatier in the world. :rolleyes: Oh wait - isn't he a frog?

MdeyrB9.png

oh man, judging by what's in my whatsapp conversation with highfive, texas dragon and skyler most the time, i would definitely NOT want an oPhone.

There's a common scent they use in alot of air fresheners and candles that makes me nauseous. I have to sniff test all the candles she buys before they're allowed in the house.

Smell o vision would be nice to save her trips, or at least identify that goddamn smell.

Back