Will you be able to shoot at dead bodies in T:V?

dunce_boy

Veteran XV
I know that in UT2k3 you can shoot at the bodies on the ground and have them flop a little before they disapear.

After watching "The Stand" video that was released on TW today, there was this one part where the player died and was flipping through the air, and I was just thinking that it would be bad ass if he got hit MA by a disc right then.

Thats one thing I didnt like about T2, you're about to MA someone, but someone else whores him down, and your disc just goes right through him. :\
At least this way, you might not get the kill, but you'll at least get the hit and get to watch him fly through the air even more.

I doubt this would be that hard to implement, and who knows, maybe it already is. :D

first everyone wants them to work on "GamePlay" , now its work on eyecandy like shooting dead bodies so you can see them flip flop around.

How about as long as you keep shooting their dead body they cant respown ?

cyclonite said:
Yeah, much like in Q3A.

Huh?

I thought when a player dies in Q3, his body drops to the ground and becomes non-solid before sinking into the ground after a short period of time. Or was I playing a different game entirely?

If you left ragdolls active for long you'd end up with shitty performance, so maybe they could be shootable for a bit and then settle into their final position or something.

How would shooting the body stop someone respawning, anyway?

Ragdoll isn't very forgiving when it comes to stuff like this. All the variables are differnt for every machine, so you probably WON'T be able to shoot dead bodies, and in adition to that they'll end up doing differnt stuff for differnt people. At least that's what last I heard.

BigPappa said:
first everyone wants them to work on "GamePlay" , now its work on eyecandy like shooting dead bodies so you can see them flip flop around.

hahah ns

Wils said:
Huh?

I thought when a player dies in Q3, his body drops to the ground and becomes non-solid before sinking into the ground after a short period of time. Or was I playing a different game entirely?

If you left ragdolls active for long you'd end up with shitty performance, so maybe they could be shootable for a bit and then settle into their final position or something.

How would shooting the body stop someone respawning, anyway?

UT engine games make it so they "settle" like 5-10 seconds after ragdoll animation finishes.

in postal 2, if you got a person way up in the air and got under them with the m16, you could juggle them midair with it :D

Mr_Rabies said:
in postal 2, if you got a person way up in the air and got under them with the m16, you could juggle them midair with it :D

Ah-ha-ha! That's exactly what I was going to post...

BigPappa said:

As long as you don't let their body touch the ground. Disk-juggling, anyone? :rofl: Or you could mine-disk them right before they hit and send them flying. They get to sit and watch until their body comes to a rest.

(I bet the computer mouse industry would see an up-tick in their sales if that were implimented) :lol:

If you could shoot dead bodies, wouldn't that mean by extrapolation you could run into them while skiing?

That would suck.

Which... while kinda cool... would definitely suck.

Could open up a whole new position though... "Control-Ker On Flag"

i could totally see someone clearing a flagstand of 10 bodies with a blast of the disc and see all the bodies fly while he swoops down to get the flag

that would be fucking cool.

I hope different types of weapon gives different types of deaths.

IE: a MD or a mortar should blow them to bits, not send them flying.

I realllllllllly care if i can shoot the dead bodies and i care LESS about the game play!

I really want the dead bodies to get the fuck up and dance and sing for me and shower me in flowers as they are dying and have a good time and stuff! yay!

BigPappa said:

hell yea, that would be bad ass. you would really have to sacrifice a player from your team also, so when you kill the other teams best player you get your shity player to come shoot his corpse around

Back