[Wii] What launch games to get?

KillerONE

Veteran X
So what's everyone getting at launch? What's available?

I'm more looking for family/friends/party games at first. One I've been following is Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz as a first purchase. It's got that Fusion Frenzy kinda feel. I loved that when I first bought my Xbox. SMBBB also has a single player story to it, so that's a plus.

I was watching some vids and noticed you're always in this ball.. seems like it's a marble madness type thing.. then I read the name of the game real slow.. S u p er Mon k ey B A L L (oh BALL!!!) and figured out the premise, somewhat.

Zelda is probably a good SP game with lots of content and showing off a lot of cool feature/gameplay mechanics that could be fun.

Was thinking maybe Excite Truck for a arcade style racing game.. Mainly for variety, pick up and play type gaming.

My goal is $250 for system plus 2 Wii motes @ $80 and 1 or 2 games. SMBB for sure.. the second one I may have a wait on, as it's getting close to the $400 range.

So what are YOUR plans?

Super Monkey Ball should be a good grab. The 2 for gc are a blast to play with friends but I barely touched the SP.
edit: The SP in the originals is just rolling through levels trying to get to a goal which gets really challenging and puzzle-like on a lot of the levels. There were a bunch of minigames that were really really fun to play as drinking games. Monkey Target in the 2nd one is probably the best minigame ever designed.

Zelda is the obvious choice, that's the only game I'm buying.

Last edited:
I want to get Zelda and whatever game I can use to compose music on, if it's even coming out yet. And Super Smash Bros.

To be honest, I don't know what games are coming out at launch, those are just one the ones I know I want to get. When is it released in the US?

What he said. Cant wait till metroid and SSB:B.

Ya, I have my eye on Metroid as well. SSB:B indeed. Those are 2007 titles though.

I'm kinda looking for something unique, new and different. Trauma Center could be interesting.

I think I'll stick with SMB:BB for now... Maybe get Zelda in a few weeks/months after, along with Metroid.

I'll have to get Mario as well.

(I'll need to get a second job while I"m at it!)

yall realize SSMB isnt lauching with the system right?

Yes, thats why i cant wait for it.

Ya, I have my eye on Metroid as well. SSB:B indeed. Those are 2007 titles though.

I'm kinda looking for something unique, new and different. Trauma Center could be interesting.

I think I'll stick with SMB:BB for now... Maybe get Zelda in a few weeks/months after, along with Metroid.

I'll have to get Mario as well.

(I'll need to get a second job while I"m at it!)

Why get zelda after? You should get it first. Its basically like buying the n64 without buying mariokart/goldeneye/super smash/mario 64.

Yes, thats why i cant wait for it.

Why get zelda after? You should get it first. Its basically like buying the n64 without buying mariokart/goldeneye/super smash/mario 64.

Like I said, I'm mainly buying it for family/friends.

Zelda isn't much of a family/friends game. I know it comes with Wii Sports, which should also provide some value for everyone.. but I'm pretty sure Wii sports will provide little replay value.

I've never played any of the Monkey Ball series.. it should provide lots of family fun, as well as a single player experience I can enjoy.

We still have VC as well.

Maybe I'll get Zelda, Mario and Metroid all at the same time, then get lost in nostalgia for a month or so.. I see each of those games providing a LOT of play time, with a lot of value for my Wii.

I need to pace myself damnit!

:)

neither the wii nor ps3 have any decent launch titles.

Gears of War ftw

Gears of War was a great launch title! ;)

I'd say Zelda is a worthy launch title. I think there's a few "sleeper" type launch titles for the Wii.

It's your typical console launch one or two great titles.. with a few average games to pass the time until more blockbuster type titles come out.

With Mario and Metroid staggered after Zelda.. should be a nice stream of content flowing into the Wii.

I'm torn too. Zelda is a must buy, probably right along with Marvel: UA. Also highly considering Red Steel, Excite Truck, Elebits, and Rayman. I'll probably wait on those last four till the actual reviews come.

Unless they have improved it alot, I'm not buying COD3. Looks like an anemic port.

Already have my Twilight Princess (zelda) pre-order paid for, and I'll probably get Trauma Center as well. I just picked it up for the DS and it's a blast.

Like I said, I'm mainly buying it for family/friends.

Zelda isn't much of a family/friends game. I know it comes with Wii Sports, which should also provide some value for everyone.. but I'm pretty sure Wii sports will provide little replay value.

I've never played any of the Monkey Ball series.. it should provide lots of family fun, as well as a single player experience I can enjoy.

We still have VC as well.

Maybe I'll get Zelda, Mario and Metroid all at the same time, then get lost in nostalgia for a month or so.. I see each of those games providing a LOT of play time, with a lot of value for my Wii.

I need to pace myself damnit!

:)

I see.
This thread might help:
http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454231

Um...are you the guy who owes me that "raise me up recording". Or is that boomerman guy whatever.
And you shouldnt live under a rock..."decent"? LOL

nope not me.
Ok, hows this... There will be nothing but crap available at launch for both the wii and ps3.
excite truck is too arcadey

Back