Wifi Mesh

Buk Naked

Veteran XX
I currently have an ASUS RT-N66U router and some cheap ass RINEFERG wifi extender / repeater.

Switched from satellite to YoutubeTV with some poor performance results at the far reaches of my vast estate - 1800 square foot split level.

This seems right in the wheelhouse of the intellectual hive mind known as TW.

What do you guys have or recommend?

I was looking at this Meshforce setup as my low cost option. Reviews are good.

Amazon.com: MeshForce Whole Home Mesh WiFi System (3 Pack), Dual Band AC1200 Router Replacement for Seamless and High Performance Wireless Coverage up to 6+ Bedrooms: Computers Accessories

_83365797_pigeonmeme3.jpg

Also, why don't you just run a network cable to another area of the house and plug in another access point... like... where's the dilemma here

I suppose we could use condoms for the WIFI balloons and then when they land - people could use them for population control.

Also, why don't you just run a network cable to another area of the house and plug in another access point... like... where's the dilemma here

Run a cable.. why didn't I think of that?

I don't even need wifi - just run cables everywhere.

How bout just buy some cool stuff, plug it in and be blanketed in a buttery smooth layer of wifi goodness resulting in the meshtastic happiness of myself, my beautiful wife and my 2 lovely daughters.

Do you not understand how wifi repeating works? You'll be halving your available bandwidth with each hop.

i got the netgear orbi when it was cheaper for a 3,000sqft house

had wifi even by the pool

we got much higher speeds than our last pos router

and if you need more coverage you can buy additional units

i looked at google home too but the orbi was cheaper

its good tech but its kinda unfinished as some more advanced settings arent completely enacted no idea why

Back