Wierd bug

Frozer!!!

Veteran X
Just reformatted(so i could set up my raid), and whenever i open up T:V the tribes window will minimize so i need to maximize it. but the annoying part is the resolution is then reset to 640x480 and i have to set it back to 1024x768 every time. anyone else having this prob or know a way to fix it?

Go to whatever settings you backed up, I'm guessing you used a CD. Make sure the settings on all the files has Read-Only disabled, otherwise T:V can't write to the ini files which would explain why the resolution keeps resetting to default.

No Celios...

It's because you're clicking somewhere when T:V is loading, so T:V will start minimized.

If you don't click around after starting the shortcut, it won't do that.

If you give another program focus while T:V is loading, it will get minimized on startup and revert to 640x480. If you're not doing anything, then I suggest checking what programs are running in the background.

I cannot take any credit for this solution and I cannot recall who originally posted it, but thanks to them anyway
I keep a list of handy fixes and setup guides in a text file in a vengeance files dir;

----[T:V forgets resolution]----
set the following fields in your TV_CD_DVD.ini to the default resolution you want it will no longer reset to 640x480 on startup. I set mine to 800x600:

[WinDrv.WindowsClient]
WindowedViewportX=800
WindowedViewportY=600
FullscreenViewportX=800
FullscreenViewportY=600

[SDLDrv.SDLClient]
WindowedViewportX=800
WindowedViewportY=600
FullscreenViewportX=800
FullscreenViewportY=600

-------
I'm guessing the above also applies to minimizing