Why...

fant-

Veteran XX
Why is there no movie on youtube that does justice to tribes? Apparently the best movie is legacy and when I watch it now, the first two parts suck major balls (big-time, licks a dick, sucks my nuts, whatever you want to call sucking like a tot). Go ahead and watch it now and you'll see what I mean. And people wonder why tribes doesn't get as much attention as it should.

The only thing that really even comes close to showcasing the potential of T1 is Legacy Part 3 - Synergy. That's 'passable' for a tribes movie, and by passable I mean, you know, it shows a smidgin of what the game is really capable of, and if it was any worse it would be sucking like a tot.

I think pretty much 99% of the pickups we have now are better than 100% of all the tribes movies out there, and that just showing an average LT game is a way better... method of showcasing what tribes is all about. But that doesn't matter, because people are too stupid to see that tribes stomps on babies.

If we don't upload Tribes LT videos to youtube in order 2 show TRU TRIBES (TM) this is what will happen to the future of our franchise: YouTube - TribesUniverseNews's Channel

kthxbai

]

legacy is amazing

botb3 is great 2 cuz it has forward nade jumping

I totally disagree. Really, I mean, watch the first two parts, it is just a few newbies playing who are covered up by a lot of fancy effects. The third part is really nice because it shows some awesome teamwork and some real speed, unlike movie 2 which is fakor speed.

The closest thing I could find to a full LT game on youtube was a pickup with disc and apparently disc suxors.

And what is BOTB? Seriously, if you had never played tribes b4 and some dude with sideburns & gay voice wuz showing you a video of a penis weapon making penis midairs do you think you would be impressed by this dude with sideburns who wuz showing you a video of a penis weapon making penis midairs?

"for the community by the community"

no doubt suxors is anooby but forward nade jumps r fucking hard

did u even notice them in the movie above?

tribe is a game of nuance

Your reason why Legacy sucks: <because>.

Okay. That's when I stopped reading.

No, really. You are just impressed by the effects. Try watching it again and tell me if the 1st 2 parts are not just newbies pretending to be speediful & skillful when in fact they r newbies pretending to be speediful & skillful. 3rd movie is the only movie that shows speediness and skillness and masteryness of good game.

"for the community by the community"

no doubt suxors is anooby but forward nade jumps r fucking hard

did u even notice them in the movie above?

tribe is a game of nuance

I am pretty sure that the average user on youtube would not even notice what it was, nor would they care. They would then go back 2 meincraft

No, really. You are just impressed by the effects. Try watching it again and tell me if the 1st 2 parts are not just newbies pretending to be speediful & skillful when in fact they r newbies pretending to be speediful & skillful. 3rd movie is the only movie that shows speediness and skillness and masteryness of good game.

Don't tell me what I'm impressed by.

I am pretty sure that the average user on youtube would not even notice what it was, nor would they care. They would then go back 2 meincraft

Tribes has never been for the average youtube user. Tribes shouldn't need to be shown off. If you're a true gamer, you'll naturally gravitate towards it.

i agree that the first two parts of legacy hurt its overall quality

that said it is so great at presenting the third part that you forget the first two parts

Try watching it again and tell me if the 1st 2 parts are not just newbies pretending to be speediful & skillful when in fact they r newbies pretending to be speediful & skillful

the sure sign of a newb is he who infers others are newbs?

to quote the tao of tribes--

The Grandmaster Natural once dreamed that he was a newbie.

When he awoke, he exclaimed:

“I do not know whether I am Natural dreaming that

I am a newbie,

Or a newbie dreaming that I am Natural!”

If you can't appreciate Legacy for the gameplay-content, appreciate it for it's production value. If you can't do that, then you've never played-back a Tribes demo using the client - which is void of any of the features you see in Meridion's video. That video demonstrates time, effort and appreciation for the game.

I love Legacy simply because it was the first Tribes 1 video that had some production value to it and wasn't just another simple MA video loosely synced to some music. I felt like we could show this proudly to the quake and UT communities which have some amazing videos.

But like a few have said the content that they have could have been so much better.

Still love it tho :)

Personally, I love Legacy and its 1 of my favorite t1 vids, but not only. As someone who played all 3 games, I also like the productionv alue of Sys|Yavors "Travel" although it shows T2 when it was Slow as sin, so it doesnt show the speed of tribes at all. Pure 2 also had some decent production, a fun "storyline" and some good action to show off T2 Classic whichw as much closer in speed to t1.

If you can't appreciate Legacy for the gameplay-content, appreciate it for it's production value. If you can't do that, then you've never played-back a Tribes demo using the client - which is void of any of the features you see in Meridion's video. That video demonstrates time, effort and appreciation for the game.

most of the stuff in legacy is mainly fancy video effects with only a few half-decent shots thrown in to make it seem better than it really is. part 3 was best. I still think just uploading LT games to youtube is a more realistic way of showing off the game.

Why not demo some LT matches, then take some of the more brilliant, or spectacular plays and make a 5 minute youtube video out of it? No fancy effects, just straight video. I really don't think anyone is interested in watching 20 minutes worth of the circle-jerk club cheating against each other.

I've always liked Legacy. Sure, some of the shots in the first part aren't spectacular, but there were some great ones in there. Part 2 is great for all of the nade jumping, but I feel like there are much better/faster routes out there that could have been included. Some of those routes are just crazy fast. And part 3 was just... ridiculous. Gave me goosebumps every 30 seconds.

Back