Why am I looking at clouds on national news?

They keep showing pictures of clouds all the while talking about a tornado about to hit OKC. Wtf are these people seeing that I'm not?

Wall cloud. Its the formation of the tornado. If you watched Storm Chasers a couple years ago, you'd know all this.

I know what a wall cloud is. Since when do we show them on national news for an hour straight with no tornado?

Reed Timmer is still out there chasing tornadoes. He's got the Dominator 3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufG_G0-bhVQ
Not sure if this is him or not, but someone intercepted recently.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrNq-G8Vdjk

This is the kind of stuff they never put on the TV show. It was one big tease. Always getting close, but missing.

Second vid is Sean Casey and the TIV2 not Reed Timmer, and the tornado was barely EF3. Neither of those vehicles could handle an EF5.

But they blasted both of them with a jet engine on Mythbusters and all it did was blow them backwards. If the wind can't get under them, then they would stay on the ground. I think they could handle an EF4.

I mean, on the show, they'd have this thin pencil tornado touching down, and they'd be freaking out saying it's really bad, look out. Now if it's a mile wide like Moore, OK, then yes, stay far away.

But they blasted both of them with a jet engine on Mythbusters and all it did was blow them backwards. If the wind can't get under them, then they would stay on the ground. I think they could handle an EF4.

I mean, on the show, they'd have this thin pencil tornado touching down, and they'd be freaking out saying it's really bad, look out. Now if it's a mile wide like Moore, OK, then yes, stay far away.

moore, OK was 2 miles wide.. not 1

Both Timmer and Casey have said EF3 is the top. It's not just about the wind getting under the vehicle. The jet engine test didn't have flying debris from trees and buildings...etc.

I know what a wall cloud is. Since when do we show them on national news for an hour straight with no tornado?

It is wishful thinking. They desperately want another one so they can have something to talk about. Our ADHD nation, riddled with prescriptions, equipped with the attention span of a gold fish, need new content.

Something sensationalized and reality TV noteworthy if possible.

The kind of stuff that will make them run out and get new haircuts, as they duct tape their windows shut, build doomsday bunkers, and microwave their mail.

Back