Whose got Logitech z680's?

I have the z560's. They're nothing special. I'd imagine the 680's aren't much different besides the obvious things.

Sub rattles very easily at certain bass frequencies.. really annoying. And the control station is VERY hard to read unless your looking at it straight on. I think logitech has some forums where you can read about various complaints for their products, check that out.

z-560's are louder than the z-680's IMO, but the key differences is the z-680's dont blow out

Im using gigaworks S750's now. their allright..

Last edited:
I have them, better than the 560's, I use them to connect to my DVD player + PS2 + computer all at once don't have to worry about switching cords, sound is awesome, good choice imo.

I've had z680s for a year, sound is great for mp3s/games.

edit: The only thing is if you're using/going to use a creative soundcard and want to use digital connections then you're fucked, creative still haven't got dd encoding i.e. ac3, they use their own bastardised version which has 3 outputs instead of just the 1 so the only way to get 5.1 surround sound in digital mode is buy a creative speaker system, it uses digital din connectors. dvd's will work though obviously as it uses ac3 as apposed to creative's encoding but you'll only get 2 speakers for anything else.

If you don't care about digital or use soundstorm or something then it's fine.

Last edited:
I'm using z680's with nforce 2 (realtek) onboard. They sound great for games and music. The amp heatsink gets quite hot. And the sub can rattle, but is happens rarely for me. Great speakers imo.

Back