Who's got the Greg Oden Blues?...

Magus

Veteran XX
... other than Greg Oden?

Shoutout to all those people who said Greg Oden was gonna be better than K.D.!

Maybe he should go back to playing Guitar Hero and Wii Bowling, much lower impact.

he will be a baller no doubt

yao got off to a slow start his rookie year

greg oden has the footwork & the body type to dominate so as long as he doesn't keep getting injured

give him some time dang

He's going to have a great career when it's said and done--multiple all-star appearances, championships and DPOTY's. Give him a minute or two to develop.

Does drafting the big stiff ever work out?

Centers are poison in the NBA draft.

:huh:

Ok, Olowokandi, Kwame Brown and Bogut weren't what you would call great #1 picks. What about Dwight Howard, Yao, and TD? Need we start talking about Shaq, Zo, Olajuwon, Ewing and KG? There's a reason why teams draft 7 footers--7 footers help win championships.

I still think he could be decent, but i do not thing he'll be a multiple all-star.... If he become someone that's on the same level as Dwight Howard, i'd be shocked. It could happen though.

I seriously wonder how many games he'll play this season. I'm guessing about 55.

He's going to have a great career when it's said and done--multiple all-star appearances, championships and DPOTY's. Give him a minute or two to develop.

he's too injury prone. that is just cancer for big men if you're already injury prone as a rookie. there's no denying he has skills and he'll probably develop into a decent player, but nowhere close to the dominating HoF'er some people expected.

I think he's going to end up as a "could've been". He'll probably play 7-10 years in the league, maybe get a couple AS appearances, but it seems like injuries are going to plague him. It wouldn't surprise me if he misses another full season somewhere along the way. Like a black Bill Walton or something.

yea those two games killed his professional career

you are dumb

Let's see. He's what, 21? Breaks wrist at Ohio. Misses rookie season with Microfracture sugery. Comes back, plays 1/2 a pro game, and goes down for a couple weeks with an ankle. Admits one of his legs is significantly longer than the other. Cowherd and other sports guys say he walks around off the court like a guy in his 40s.

You're right dude, the kid's going to be fine. No pattern or tell-tale signs here.

sports guy had a good article on him. sports guy sucks for everything else but he is one of the best for basketball.

basically people genuinely like oden and want him to do well because he has a great personality, works hard etc etc but all the signs so far point to him being too injury prone to ever fully realize his potential. something is just not right.

Back