Who will be NL MVP?

Magus

Veteran XX
David Wright or Jose Reyes? ;)

nah, seriously... we all know A-Rod is a shoe-in over in the AL, but who's got it on the sr. circuit? Wright with .320, 26 HR, 90 RBIs and 30 SBs... not a bad case.

Prince Fielder will prolly win it because of the power numbers.

sorry, wrights numbers arent mvp numbers. nor are reyes'

After looking a few things up. nobody playing in the NL right now has MVP numbers compared to past winners.

Aramis Ramirez has a great shot at it tho

Last edited:
One could argue Pujols.

not really... .317, 30 HR, 84 RBIs, and 2 SB... only 85 runs scored.

that would be a hard sell honestly. Prince Albert had a tough begining of the season... plus the Cards struggled. he's not on a particularly good Pujoles-esque season so they'd prolly give it to someone else.

i'd be really surprised if he was in the running, notwithstanding a huge sept (which is possible)

sorry, wrights numbers arent mvp numbers. nor are reyes'

name who the MVP is then? who has these "MVP numbers"?

Wright def has historically MVP-ballpark numbers. we are talking a possible .320 batting average with over 115 RBIs, over 35 SBs and about 30-35 HRs...

The question is who will win, not who has the numbers anyway.

i'm going with Fielder.

Last edited:
name who the MVP is then? who has these "MVP numbers"?

Wright def has historically MVP-ballpark numbers. The question is who will win, not who has the numbers.

i'm going with Fielder.

wright doesnt drive in enough runs. and the brewers arent going to the playoffs, so that significantly hurts his chance. Matt Holliday should get a REALLL hard look at MVP but he wont. The Rockies would be close to the worst NL record let alone 5 games over .500 if they dont have Holliday

wright doesnt drive in enough runs. and the brewers arent going to the playoffs, so that significantly hurts his chance. Matt Holliday should get a REALLL hard look at MVP but he wont. The Rockies would be close to the worst NL record let alone 5 games over .500 if they dont have Holliday

Agreed.

You may not make an airtight case for him to win it but the fact that he isn't amongst the first couple of names mentioned is pretty jacked up.

Wright will probably end up with it since the Brewers are falling flat.

Maybe Utley or Rollins if the Phils stay in it.

Reyes :lol:

Just because he's exciting and steals a lot of bases doesn't make him more valuable or productive than a couple dozen other players in the National League who do more important things like get on base at a higher rate and smack more homers and doubles.

Anyway I'll say if the Brewers or Cardinals win the NL Central then Fielder or Pujols will probably win. Chipper, Utley, and Bonds are all out of it because their teams won't make the playoffs.

Wright wouldn't be a terrible choice.

Hanley Ramirez blows Reyes out of the water by the way.

Close but no cigar.

Jimmy Rollins blows them both out of the water.

He doesn't butcher the position defensively like Hanley Ramirez and he has better offensive production than Reyes.

Hanley Ramirez offensive produciton blows both of them away. Whatever Rollins' advantage has defensively doesn't make up for how much better Ramirez is with the bat.

There is no reasonable argument as to whether anyone has been better than Hanley Ramirez as a shortstop in the National League this year. None.

Hanley Ramirez offensive produciton blows both of them away. Whatever Rollins' advantage has defensively doesn't make up for how much better Ramirez is with the bat.

There is no reasonable argument as to whether anyone has been better than Hanley Ramirez as a shortstop in the National League this year. None.

I disagree.

Back