Who the fuck was Mr. Crowley?

:rofl: at a skilled LT capper.

I'm just going to assume that you can't remember much of real base, to say andrew's list is by any means bad.
I've played in both generations. You quit a long time ago. I've seen both generations and I didn't say that the old school generation was bad. I disagreed with the list, I never said the players were bad. Don't judge LT players because you haven't seen them play. There are some very good ones.

Mr. Crowley, what went on in your head
(Oh) Mr. Crowley, did you talk to the dead
Your lifestyle to me seemed so tragic
With the thrill of it all
You fooled all those people with magic
(Yeah)You waited on Satan's call

Mr. Charming, did you think you were pure
Mr. Alarming, in nocturnal rapport
Uncovering things that were sacred, manifest on this earth
(Oh)Conceived in the eye of a secret
Yeah, they scattered the afterbirth

(Solo)

Mr. Crowley, won't you ride my white horse?
Mr. Crowley, it's symbolic of course
Approaching a time that is classic
I hear that maidens call
Approaching a time that is drastic
Standing with their backs to the wall

(Solo)

Was it polemically sent?
I wanna know what you meant
I wanna know
I wanna know what you meant, yeah!

(Solo)

:lol: you're an idiot if that's your dream team. Edit: I get it, Andrew said that...I disagree.

off the top of my head:
LD: eldee, applecider, good LT: dutch, snow, non
scout d: lecat obv
HO: Dutch, 9t9, segarob, freight_train, banshee
Cap: brou, anemix, good LT: elixer
HoF: any idiot can hof
Farm: gutpile/figgs

Well, most of that list is laughable if you are talking all time best. You don't have any old school IE, 5150, S3 on there. I'm no expert, but I can think of many better players that should be on the list instead.

I've played in both generations. You quit a long time ago. I've seen both generations and I didn't say that the old school generation was bad. I disagreed with the list, I never said the players were bad. Don't judge LT players because you haven't seen them play. There are some very good ones.

Well, then I misinterpreted what you said.

I'm not saying LT players are necessarily bad, but capping in LT itself is a complete joke compared to capping in base. In LT, a capper had the luxury of always having an energy pack and grenade launcher. He also never had to deal with a HoF.

I did see most of these guys play LT. I played LT myself for a short time in the beginning. I also didn't say they were bad, but being good in LT doesn't mean a whole lot when we're talking about base. No doubt they can be good in both, but when a team of renegades players (anon. And don't confuse renegades players with players who started with renegades and went to base.) dominated LT for so long, it says something about the game.

Well, most of that list is laughable if you are talking all time best. You don't have any old school IE, 5150, S3 on there. I'm no expert, but I can think of many better players that should be on the list instead.

While I agree he has some strange new school players (FREIGHT_TRAIN as a dream team HO?), the game has continued to evolve, and to say that newer players would not be able to keep up with the older players is pretty silly.

The LD/Cap dynamic evovled in LT quite a lot, so i'd wager that the best LD are probably now the LT ones, although i'd agree that AppleCider and Jaymz definitely need mention.

Well, then I misinterpreted what you said.

I'm not saying LT players are necessarily bad, but capping in LT itself is a complete joke compared to capping in base. In LT, a capper had the luxury of always having an energy pack and grenade launcher. He also never had to deal with a HoF.

I did see most of these guys play LT. I played LT myself for a short time in the beginning. I also didn't say they were bad, but being good in LT doesn't mean a whole lot when we're talking about base. No doubt they can be good in both, but when a team of renegades players (anon. And don't confuse renegades players with players who started with renegades and went to base.) dominated LT for so long, it says something about the game.

I think in general its hard to define a good capper when you compare separate eras much less between two different games altogether, capping in LT has its own difficulties and is played much more differently than base. I'd wager that LT players have developed better cap routes than the routes that were used a few years ago, if you can concede that.

While I agree he has some strange new school players (FREIGHT_TRAIN as a dream team HO?), the game has continued to evolve, and to say that newer players would not be able to keep up with the older players is pretty silly.

The LD/Cap dynamic evovled in LT quite a lot, so i'd wager that the best LD are probably now the LT ones, although i'd agree that AppleCider and Jaymz definitely need mention.

I think in general its hard to define a good capper when you compare separate eras much less between two different games altogether, capping in LT has its own difficulties and is played much more differently than base. I'd wager that LT players have developed better cap routes than the routes that were used a few years ago, if you can concede that.

I agree about the LD. It was quite hard to LD LT...because capping was so stupid easy.

Better cap routes? It's possible, but I doubt it. It just isn't necessary in LT. Holding on to the flag as long as possible was the major concern in LT.

Also, for the record, FT was very good HO.

I've never seen a demo of him, so I'll take your word for it.

In LT, cap routes became more about running a short efficient route that can get away and get home asap, whereas in base you would run a looong timered route that hoped to swoop in at the highest possible speed. I'd say I like the LT routes better and that in general it's a better concept to keep trying to grab the flag instead of giving it all-or-nothing runs every other minute.

It's subjective, anyway.

If I were to make a dream team, I wouldn't be able to pick a HO simply because its hard to find one that stands out anyway... when a team HO's well its generally a team effort. Same with capping in base, the capper wasn't doing the majority of the work (usually).

for LD, i'd say Jaymz for sure (there are demos of him killing other players instead of the capper, but when he was focused he would just mow down players), and I'm surprised no one has mentioned FSB-AO, that guy was pretty sick. Other than that, AppleCider, Dutch, or snow are also outstanding.

I've never seen a demo of him, so I'll take your word for it.

In LT, cap routes became more about running a short efficient route that can get away and get home asap, whereas in base you would run a looong timered route that hoped to swoop in at the highest possible speed. I'd say I like the LT routes better and that in general it's a better concept to keep trying to grab the flag instead of giving it all-or-nothing runs every other minute.

It's subjective, anyway.

If I were to make a dream team, I wouldn't be able to pick a HO simply because its hard to find one that stands out anyway... when a team HO's well its generally a team effort. Same with capping in base, the capper wasn't doing the majority of the work (usually).

for LD, i'd say Jaymz for sure (there are demos of him killing other players instead of the capper, but when he was focused he would just mow down players), and I'm surprised no one has mentioned FSB-AO, that guy was pretty sick. Other than that, AppleCider, Dutch, or snow are also outstanding.

HOing did take a good team effort, but there were some HO that could take a base by themselves. hell when i was in w, after the first 5 man HO rush i was usually the only guy raping base. all the other HO took flag

Last edited:
Back