Which of these TVs should I buy

Sony is evil and they will steal your money, buy a microsoft one because it is just awesome! (I know, I know, I couldn't help it).

I can't chose between the sony or the 46' but then I don't know much about tvs.

I saw a sony 52" 1080p LCD TV in BJ's this week. It looked amazing. I think it was like $2700 though. :(

sony if you feel like dumping a truck load of money down, go for the samsung if you want to save a bit of cash. From my experience the latter is better. Things don't last forever.

order the 4661 from amazon shipped free for 1650. youll get it in about a week and if you dont like it theyll come pick it up for free.

i think its the best of those you mentioned.

i had one for a number of months and now i have a 4669. honestly thye 4669 is not worth the increase in bucks. ive bought 3 46 inch LCDs from amazon and sent one back just because i changed my mind. their customer service rocks and theyve saved me a couple grand total over CC and BS prices.

get this samsung, its $100 more than the 46", but much better. Higher contrast ratio, better color definition, and 120Hz frame rate

order the 4661 from amazon shipped free for 1650. youll get it in about a week and if you dont like it theyll come pick it up for free.

i think its the best of those you mentioned.

i had one for a number of months and now i have a 4669. honestly thye 4669 is not worth the increase in bucks. ive bought 3 46 inch LCDs from amazon and sent one back just because i changed my mind. their customer service rocks and theyve saved me a couple grand total over CC and BS prices.

QFT

I bought this TV last year for about the same price (after extensive shopping about for deals). If you do some research and keep your eyes open for deals, you might be able to knock off a couple hundred bucks more. The price fluctuates almost day to day.

If you buy it and it ends up cheaper, amazon has a 30 day price match guarantee that will match whatever discounts they have within a month of your purchase.

yeah it pays to keep checking back. i forgot to mention that.
the 4661 was $1475 around new years. its about as high on amazon as its been since then. itll go back down.

im waiting for a samsung 52" 1080p 120Hz to hit around $1600 on secondact before i buy.

52" tv, i will see you in a year :wave:

posting from the Sony
I've had it since the beginning of 2007 and love it

however, V2500 TVs are from 2006, but those Samsungs are from 2007
I would get the Samsung

get this samsung, its $100 more than the 46", but much better. Higher contrast ratio, better color definition, and 120Hz frame rate

i (for whatever its worth) completely disagree with this post.

the 120hz thing is bogus. it makes human movement look CGI, it sometimes creates artifacts... its ok for some games and maybe some nature shows but its totally not what its cracked up to be.
i almost never use it.

the increase in contrast ratio is not as pronounced as you might hope it would be. you might think 'hey its 20,000:1 vs the 10,000:1 of the 4661... thats TWICE AS CONTRASTY' but honestly its not that big of a difference. dont get me wrong i could tell a difference, but not worth the money to spring for the 4669 (im saying this in hindsight) and definately not worth taking a 40 inch screen for about the same price.

ive spent a good deal of time with both the 4661 and the 4669 (the 46inch equivalent of the panel mentioned here) and have actually had them both set up side by side in my house for about a week.

Back