Which Amex card to get? Blue/Green/...gold?

Urraca

Veteran XX
Well I only have one Visa card, and of course a debit card. I've had no problems paying my Visa card off in time, but I figured I should get an Amex card as well.

I guess I have to pre-qualify for the gold card, and it has a $125 annual fee. But from what I gather, it's not particularly hard to get. Although there is no spending limit..

The Amex site isn't the best with descriptions of all the cards.

The blue to me seems like the Non-BS cards. I don't really need all the rewards/flight cost reductions etc, which is what the gold/green cards seem to have.

Any drawbacks of the Blue card?

get a blue.. the gold isn't worth it unless you can get a year free offer with bonus points added or something of that nature.

blue = gold with no fees

green/gold are the same, but the gold has more benefits (points, prizes, etc) and costs more per year. they are both charge cards.

the blue is a standard debit card.

green/gold are the same, but the gold has more benefits (points, prizes, etc) and costs more per year. they are both charge cards.

the blue is a standard debit card.

Blue is definitely a credit card. Maybe there is another debit variety, but it's definitely a credit card. It has interest rates etc, and to my knowledge, straight up debit cards don't have interest rates--and if you have one that does, that's the biggest ripoff ever.

Looks like I'm going with a Blue.

Blue is definitely a credit card. Maybe there is another debit variety, but it's definitely a credit card. It has interest rates etc, and to my knowledge, straight up debit cards don't have interest rates--and if you have one that does, that's the biggest ripoff ever.

Looks like I'm going with a Blue.

that's right, i meant credit, not debit.

Back