Where do you buy your art?

Xcursion, they have elephants that are actually better at art than you might think. In fact some of their art has gone for mediocre dollars, but I think more valuable than the quality of their creations is the fact that it was created by an elephant.

image329451x.jpg

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/02/14/60minutes/main329450.shtml
Auctions at reputable houses such as Christie’s have seen elephant art sold for as high as $2,000, out-doing many works produced by two-legged artists.

No shitting, local artists can be commissioned to make some outstanding gifts.

An excellent theme to consider would be a series based on a surrealist vision of your triumphs in life.

Unfortunately it can take some degree of patience to find an artist capable of meeting exacting tastes.

true story (not animo bullshit): one of my uncles is a well-known artist whose works are pretty popular in europe. he has sent our family several paintings (some of which usually go for 800-1k, even 2k in europe) for free. of course we always send him some money in return. he never names a price for the paintings, but we send him money anyway. i will try to get some pictures of his work.

edit: he lives in the southern part of russia near the caucus mountains

Last edited:
animo, aren't you from NM/somewhere around there

we travel to taos on occasion, theres lots of artists out there, if you like that southwest themed stuff

Xcursion, they have elephants that are actually better at art than you might think. In fact some of their art has gone for mediocre dollars, but I think more valuable than the quality of their creations is the fact that it was created by an elephant.

image329451x.jpg

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/02/14/60minutes/main329450.shtml

No fucking shit. People only but that stuff because it was made by an elephant. Reggs is not an elephant, people wouldn't even pay for the cost of supplies for Reggs to make something.

I'm all for supporting your local artists, I hope to make some extra money within a year or two this way.

Around here, about twice a year, there is a local artist tour thing. Artists open up their studios or set up somewhere where people can visit to look or buy their work.

I generally hold open nights where the staff open the house for pre-selected artists to create murals on wall space and create installations in prepared spaces. Repeat this on a monthly basis and it all works out pretty well, along with staying fresh.

I make my own and trade it for other work.

I do this too - I collage though, not draw.
I also had my partner pick out his favourites from the photography I've done and as soon as I get unlazy, I'm getting prints made and we're hanging them up all over the place.

I'd be into a TW art trade btw.

those are expensive prints lost duck u rich bastard

I only bought one of the semi-expensive ones (the one I specifically linked).

Other ones from that sight I bought were $100 each (3 of those)...2 were Bettie Page ones...signed by Olivia and Bettie Page...and the third is just signed by the girl on the print.

I always wanted to own a good piece of artwork...but realized an original would be out of the question (as they are in the tens of thousands price wise)...so I got that one giclee for like $900 or so a few years ago and had it specially framed.

Haha, know what, I've actually done just that, the trick is to change the direction of the conversation quickly so that they forget to let you play, even though you bragged that you were a concerto pianist in rome or some bullshit... haha

mighty mighty cold and empty

Back