Where did you work at during college/university

Sift

Veteran XV
So tuition is stupid expensive and the cost of living is beyond repair. Nobody wants to loan out their living expenses unless it's for a good reason.

Where did you, or where will you work at during college?

The average part time job here pays about 10 to 12 bucks an hour. But I'd still like to brainstorm for cool jobs and etcetera.

bars, restaurants, manual labor, working for the university (research/lab assistant, admin jobs, etc.)

you will most likely have to work a shit job/university job because it will have to revolve 100% around your school schedule

One of my friends works at the library in school and says its totally mind numbing! But he gets to study all the time. that'd be pretty alright...

bartending for the alumni association..

the old alumni would come back to campus for fundraiser dinners and shit and would always be willing to tip the undergrad bartenders real well

I work for a telco. I make at least twice what most of my friends do and it is an amazing job for my major.

yee haw

I TAed math classes. The math department didn't have enough grad students to TA the classes so they'd hire undergrads (who'd obviously taken the classes already) to do it. So I was paid the same as grad students would be for their stipend which is actually quite a damn lot considering the amount of hours I put into it. After I did it for three semesters, the next semester the payments changed and I would've not had to pay any general university fees (getting close to 4 grand a semester) which amounted to a big raise...except it happened the semester I left. :/

So basically long story short. If you're pretty good at math and go to one of the UC schools, check if they have a shortage of TAs...teaching two sections can basically pay for all (and I mean all) of your costs.

If you take a university job, you won't make as much, but they'll work around your schedule.

I worked as a dancer my first two years - good pay, but poor hours.

Circuit City 1st 2 years of school...then Blizzard Ent. for the 2nd two years of school.

I worked for something called the 'business crime initiative', it was in the local police station. Basically I designed posters and newsletters and other marketing bullshit for them and got $12 or so an hour (exchanged into your moneyz)

Back