What's your opinion on Creatine?

Channel 0

Veteran XV
I've read around on various forums and some people are saying they love the stuff, and it works great for them. Others are saying to stay away from it.

What's the deal, my buff TW heroes?

all it is is water weight

it keeps your muscles well hydrated and looking kinda pumped

but it gives you horrible gas and the long term effects arent known

i personally dont mess with it

creatine is a chemical found in various foods that you can take as a supplement that causes your cells to retain water, which helps when building muscle

i tried taking it but it's way too expensive for me to keep up for long perious of time (more than a month)

dood said:
makes for small penises.

that's steroids

creatine is linked to arthritis in the knees because you start building "muscle" in places you shouldn't normally have it, like in your knee joints

While they say creatine is 'natural' and there are no 'side effects', I've personally never touched the stuff. A bunch of the guys at the gym take it, and they say they've been seeing great results from it. I've been making satisfactory gains without it, so I see no need to supplement with it.

it's natural because it's found in common foods, like most meats

vegetarians should actually take a small amount every day, even if they aren't trying to bulk

creatine is used by muscle for energy in some instances. you'll look swollen w/ water retention when you take it.

i don't bother. seems like too much work.

Glare said:
steroids dont shrink your penis

or even your testicles

You're right, they don't shrink your penis. However, they do in fact shrink your balls (common side-effect).

Hmm. The reason I ask is I got a 500 gram jug of it for Christmas. It's not something I wanted, but from what I've read it's mostly OK health-wise. Though there haven't been any long term studies on it yet. I've already started the cycle, just wondering if I should continue with it and finish the jug off.

Should I potentially sacrifice my health to make a family member happy?

Back