Whats the Worst MotherBoard and PC parts?

Don't know..I have an ECS L7S7A2 and I fucking love it...very very good mobo...on the other hand...I have had to replace my Sony DVDRW 4 times..I have had so many pieces of Sony equipment that proved tobe utter shit...you couldn't fucking give me anything Sony. ECS>Sony.

Hrm, I have been pretty lucky with my stuff. I guess the worst purchases were IBM Deathstar drives before they gave them the overhaul. I have RMA'd about 4 of them and have 2 more dead ones at home. On the bright side I backup what I need backed up and I keep getting free HD upgrades. :)

3Com 56k modem
They hid the fact that it was a winmodem, and it is by far the worst piece of crap "hardware" I have ever used. My printer would start printing garbage when I used it. I could rarely connect for more than 5 minutes. It was a pain in the ass to set up. Plus, I couldn't return it since I ripped off the upc for a $10 rebate - which I NEVER FUCKING RECEIVED!

Other bad hardware:

- The 503 motherboard (FIC?) with a VIA chipset
(It caused sound to skip anytime the hard drive was accessed, regardless of what type of sound card you had)

- Zip drive
(I would copy stuff to it; confirm that the copy was succesful; go home; try to access the files again - and they were rarely there. This damn thing failed more times than it succeeded.)

Slurp said:
- Zip drive
(I would copy stuff to it; confirm that the copy was succesful; go home; try to access the files again - and they were rarely there. This damn thing failed more times than it succeeded.)
I'd forgotten how terrible those things were.

SniperWhôre said:
Don't know..I have an ECS L7S7A2 and I fucking love it...very very good mobo...on the other hand...I have had to replace my Sony DVDRW 4 times..I have had so many pieces of Sony equipment that proved tobe utter shit...you couldn't fucking give me anything Sony. ECS>Sony.
OMG I hope kurayami reads this :lol: He won't let you live this down, trust me, he's such a tool.

Any DFI system board. I think it stands for "Doesn't Fucking Integrate" or something equally appropriate.

My very first Pinnacle CD-R. It ran at 2x. SCSI. If you walked across the floor while it was burning, instant coaster. I blew MANY $20 discs in this fucking peice of crap.

PsioniX said:

Also already noted:
Linksys
PC Chips
IBM Deskstar hard drives. :disgust:

Anything from Thermaltake prior to the Volcano series was absolute shit.

Remember those AWESOME Kyro II graphics cards? :D

And MSI made the list? :lol: No way.

Edit: I see IBM was already mentioned too. :p

Last edited:
Data said:
Also already noted:
Linksys
PC Chips
IBM Deskstar hard drives. :disgust:

Anything from Thermaltake prior to the Volcano series was absolute shit.

Remember those AWESOME Kyro II graphics cards? :D

And MSI made the list? :lol: No way.

Edit: I see IBM was already mentioned too. :p
I've never had a problem with Linksys products. Here at my office, we're running 5 24-port 10/100 switches that never fail :shrug:

I agree with IBM however, man do they make shitty hard drives :ugh:

Tyan motherboards suck ass, I built three machines with them, all three had problems. I've NEVER had a problem with MSI products.

Project2501 said:
I've never had a problem with Linksys products. Here at my office, we're running 5 24-port 10/100 switches that never fail :shrug:

I agree with IBM however, man do they make shitty hard drives :ugh:
Their Enterprise network solutions are probably pretty good. The home networking stuff is utter shit though.

Data said:
Their Enterprise network solutions are probably pretty good. The home networking stuff is utter shit though.
Yeah never had much experience with them, i use some $30 Trendnet router/switch at home, it's always fine, never had any problems :shrug: Just goes to show you that you never know what you'll get :lol:

Back