What's the best version of STALKER?

Clear Skies certainly looks better but I would recommend Shadow of Chernobyl just because its been out longer and the modding community was able to iron out a large number of bugs.

That is unless the community has had enough time to fix CS also, i haven't played it since it came out.

I really wanted to enjoy that game but the fact that I had to reload saves often because the game would bug out, or glitch and I couldn't complete something, made it completely unplayable. I haven't tried it since any of the patches though.

From what I hear, Shadow of Chernobyl is still better ambiance-wise.

I still haven't gotten Clear Sky, not sure if I'm going to now. It seems to fix a lot of the things that were annoying in the original concerning the interface and quests, but apparently it populates the zone so much that it's basically a constant firefight everywhere, and the whole "faction war" thing seems pretty gimmicky.

I personally like the ones who hide in trees, but the ones who snoop around in trash cans can be pretty good too.

I loved Shadow of Chernobyl with the Oblivion Lost mod. Haven't gotten around to clear sky or whatever.

I'm waiting for AMK 2.0.
The first version of AMK was the basis for a lot of the best mods out there and now they're apparently doing a major overhaul of all the features (and supposedly the long promised stories/quests); they're also restoring a lot of cut-out maps while they're at it. Hopefully there are some more updates soon (all there was lately was a meh youtube video and a terrible april's fools).

Same for Priboi Story 1.2, which I've been waiting for maybe a year now. These guys are also attempting to restore the alpha that GSC released; they're doing pretty good map-wise, but they only have one freaking coder and he's busy with priboi. Bleh.
1.1 is alright, but 1.2 was supposed to have a shitload of new quests and features and it keeps being delayed because there's only one person left working on it :(

I played SoC with the oblivion lost mod and Clear Sky. I'd say SoC+OL is slightly better, but they're both pretty good games. Idk about bugs, the only bug I had in both games was in CS where if I used quick load after dying, the game would crash during loading like 25% of the time (I could still load from the menu or quickload if I wasn't dead fine, so it was only a minor inconvenience).

Back