What's good in NYC this weekend?

burnsep

Veteran X
I'm going on friday, going to see my brother do the marathon on sunday and spending monday at a UN thing, but I'm looking for good theater and gallery information, as well as any cool events going on.

Recommendations?

It's always a great time of year to be mugged and brutally murdered. This is the city that gave us cinematic masterworks like The Warriors and Death Wish. Didn't know about the chicklets bit though. Thanks!

Well duh. That's why it's always first on the aliens' hit lists.

Now link me to a good "things to do in the big apple" site, dammit.

If your into art at all I of course recommend going to the Met, I think the collection of Van Goghs drawings is still up, not sure though. Too bad you missed halloween, thats always tons of fun here.

Gorlax said:
My Brother is getting married on Friday in NYC, it's going to be a blast

Hehe- where will the reception take place? I could do a ninja TW representation while making off with hot French bridesmaids.

Just please don't say black tie.

burnsep said:
Hehe- where will the reception take place? I could do a ninja TW representation while making off with hot French bridesmaids.

Just please don't say black tie.

:lol:

if i wanted lights i would go to vegas

nyc just has so much stuff

there are other cities i would rather live in but i consider nyc to be the most complete

Ares said:
if i wanted lights i would go to vegas

nyc just has so much stuff

there are other cities i would rather live in but i consider nyc to be the most complete
I consider NYC to be the second worst US city (behind Boston. And possibly LA, but I've never been there.)

And it has a lot of lights.

What's the criteria behind this? I'd say that NY and Boston are the most culturaly valuable cities in the US.

Kurayami said:
I consider NYC to be the second worst US city (behind Boston. And possibly LA, but I've never been there.)

And it has a lot of lights.

Where do you live?

I lived in NYC, Boston and now Paris. All great places to live but If I could pick; I would go for NYC in a second.

burnsep said:
What's the criteria behind this? I'd say that NY and Boston are the most culturaly valuable cities in the US.
Oh, I agree with that. NYC and Boston are both important places (financially, culturally, and historically.)

I'd just never willingly go near them. :sunny:

But I won't derail this thread with this discussion.

Back